Phone: Galaxy S5

1. Lock Screen: Before the update, I could illuminate my screen (while keeping it locked) to see if I got any notifications (e-mail, text, etc). After the update the lock screen just says Verizon Wireless in the notification bar and I need to enter my password to get to see any notifications. How can I change this?

2. Weird Calendar Notification I'm constantly getting the message "There are no calendars selected!" - It's not a notification bar message. It's overlayed on any app I have open. And it appears to be random. Appearing once every couple of minutes. I can't take a screenshot because when I push a button, the message goes away.

It appears in the same spot every time, on the bottom center portion of the screen, in the same place and format as if you copied text from a text message "copied to clipboard" message appears.

I don't know how to stop this? I have removed all widgets on my screen to see if that was causing it. I have Business Calender installed.

Help please!
    Thanks
    -Duke
    03-10-2015 08:00 AM
    For the first issue, there should be an option in the settings for what to display when the device is locked. On my Nexus 5, it's Settings>Sound & Notification>When Device Is Locked, and I can choose Show All Notification Content, Hide Sensitive Notification Content, or Don't Show Notifications At All. If you have that option, make sure it says Show All Notification Content.
    03-10-2015 11:07 AM
    For the first issue, there should be an option in the settings for what to display when the device is locked. On my Nexus 5, it's Settings>Sound & Notification>When Device Is Locked, and I can choose Show All Notification Content, Hide Sensitive Notification Content, or Don't Show Notifications At All. If you have that option, make sure it says Show All Notification Content.
    Thanks for your response but that's not what I was referring to. I only want the bar notifications. I dont want my text messages and e-mails to show on the lock screen where you can read the sender/messages. I just want the text notification at the very top notification bar.
    03-10-2015 02:30 PM
    I was able to get a screenshot of both my issues.

The top bar where it says verizon wireless typically had my mail, text, instagram, etc notifications.

The message below "There are no calendars selected!" seems to appear over any application every 30-60 seconds.

03-10-2015 02:42 PM
    Ah, I see. Not sure if there's a way to do that with the stock TouchWiz interface. You could try DynamicNotifications, but it looks like that requires the premium version for the lockscreen functionality.
    03-10-2015 07:04 PM
    Ah, I see. Not sure if there's a way to do that with the stock TouchWiz interface. You could try DynamicNotifications, but it looks like that requires the premium version for the lockscreen functionality.
    It was fine before the 5.0 update- why would they change/remove that option?
    03-11-2015 08:34 AM
    There have been many questions about some of the choices Google made in Lollipop. It's also hard to know if some issues are specific to the manufacturer or carrier tweaks. 5.1 is supposed to address a few of these kinds of complaints, but probably not all of them.
    03-11-2015 10:09 AM
    There have been many questions about some of the choices Google made in Lollipop. It's also hard to know if some issues are specific to the manufacturer or carrier tweaks. 5.1 is supposed to address a few of these kinds of complaints, but probably not all of them.
    I was just pushed 5.0 this Monday. How long until I can expect 5.1?
    03-11-2015 11:15 AM
    The whole process of updates on non-Nexus devices can take a while, because the manufacturer first has to modify the base code to account for hardware variables as well as all of the other software customizations and bloat. Then the carrier has to do the same. So I'd think it would be at least 3-4 months after it's officially released to Nexus devices.
    03-11-2015 12:07 PM