Any Suggestions For A Clock/Weather Widget That Works With Lollipop???

PsychDoc

May 28, 2011
Visit site
All the ones I've used in the past no longer function properly with lollipop. The primary problem seems to be their inability to 'locate' the phone and put up the correct weather information for where the phone actually is.

And yes, I do have location turned on and set to 'high accuracy.'

Help!

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site

Mike Ciaraldi

Jun 8, 2015
Visit site
After upgrading to Android 5.0, the Accuweather widget on the home screen of my Samsung Galaxy S5 stopped working. It would show "Loading your weather", then a message would pop up saying it had crashed. Same thing would happen if I tried to run the app manually.

I tried going into the App Manager and clearing the cache for that app, and for the Unified Demon. That got the Accuweather app working, but not the widget. So I removed the widget from my home screen and put it back, and now it seems to work OK. Go figure.

anon(285475)

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
I've been using weather timeline and instead of having a widget I have the ongoing notification (which is very much like a widget in the notification shade). I've found this to be a pretty nice system, better than a widget. Updates are reliable and app is great.

Edit: actually weather timeline does also have some very nice looking and working widgets as well.

Last edited: