The silent mode icon is gone from boyh holding the sleep button and from system icons in settings after my update of Android lollipop on z3. Been awoken serveral times tonight because I can't shut vibrations off. I'm furious. Any suggestions?
    03-18-2015 03:56 AM
    You can put your phone into "No interruption" mode which is kinda like silent mode but also hides all notifications.
    03-19-2015 05:26 PM
    This is a bit of a work around, but even before I flashed Lollipop, I turn mobile data & WiFi off whilst my Z3 charges overnight. The trouble I had was that I need my phone to ring overnight, should someone need me, but don't want anything else. It was the only solution that worked for me (and one of the few thing I miss from Blackberry, who's options for silencing the phone in particular ways were unsurpassed).

The only downside is that you'll get SMS notifications unless you manually turn them off - but then most people who text me sleep at the same time... so never been an issue.
    03-23-2015 07:44 AM
    This is a bit of a work around, but even before I flashed Lollipop, I turn mobile data & WiFi off whilst my Z3 charges overnight. The trouble I had was that I need my phone to ring overnight, should someone need me, but don't want anything else. It was the only solution that worked for me (and one of the few thing I miss from Blackberry, who's options for silencing the phone in particular ways were unsurpassed).

The only downside is that you'll get SMS notifications unless you manually turn them off - but then most people who text me sleep at the same time... so never been an issue.
    Just set phone to Priority and make Phone Calls the only Priority Notification. Works perfectly

Posted via the Android Central App
    Stwutter likes this.
    03-23-2015 10:00 PM
    Just set phone to Priority and make Phone Calls the only Priority Notification. Works perfectly

Cheers. I'll try that...

03-24-2015 01:14 AM