Hi all,

I had updated my Moto G (1st Gen) KitKat to Lollipop 5.2, and have had a trouble free transition except the WiFi.

Earlier the WiFi worked fine with KK. But after updating my phone no longer "sees" the WiFi router. Strangely, all the neighbours WiFi routers are being detected as before.

A friend who had also used my WiFi updated from KK to Lollipop. She didn't format her phone and Lollipop worked fine and also detected my WiFi (along with the neighbours) routers. However the moment we formatted her phone, my WiFi was no longer shown in the list of routers! The neighbours' routers continue to be seen.

I have since cleared the cache partition but that doesn't seem to have helped.

Please advice. Thanks!
    03-21-2015 01:51 AM
    Before the factory reset your routers SSID was stored in the phone. Sounds like your router is not broadcasting it's SSID and after the factory reset your phone no longer knows the SSID. I would start by powering off the router and waiting 20 seconds and the power it back on. Try that and report back.
    B. Diddy likes this.
    03-21-2015 08:48 AM
    Before the factory reset your routers SSID was stored in the phone. Sounds like your router is not broadcasting it's SSID and after the factory reset your phone no longer knows the SSID. I would start by powering off the router and waiting 20 seconds and the power it back on. Try that and report back.
    07-02-2015 04:07 AM
    Hi,

Facing similiar issues. Updated my old moto x first gen to lollypop and my WiFi is not getting recognized. While neighbors WiFi is visible. All my other phones are fine and even my laptop.
    07-02-2015 04:10 AM
    Facing the similar issue ..had upgraded to lollipop this morning. After upgrade just my home network is invisible to my moto x i can see other networks also my home network is visible to other phones and laptops.Kindly suggest how to reailve this issue.thanks.
    07-02-2015 01:08 PM
    Facing the similar issue ..had upgraded to lollipop this morning. After upgrade just my home network is invisible to my moto x i can see other networks also my home network is visible to other phones and laptops.Kindly suggest how to reailve this issue.thanks.
    08-20-2015 01:59 PM
    Hey m to facing same issue have purchased airtel 4g hotspot my moto x is detecting hell lot of wifi but not mine

Plz suggest I did reset my phone have also reboted wifi device
    08-20-2015 02:04 PM
    Hello
    Im to facing issue with wifi for my moto g 1st gen lollipop.
    have purchased airtel 4g hotspot my moto g 1st gen suddenly stopped detecting the hotspot signal.But able to detect all the other wifi available in range.

Plz suggest I wipe out the cache partition.Re set the hot spot. nothing worked.

Thanks
    09-08-2015 02:13 PM