No notifications on WiFi except hangouts?

kusabi

Jul 23, 2013
Visit site
Ever since updating my Verizon g3 to lollipop (5.0.1), while I am connected to Wi-Fi I only receive push notifications from hangouts. If I turn off Wi-Fi all of my other notifications come through. I've checked sync and notification settings and everything is enabled. Any ideas what would be the cause of this?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
What would be causing it is most likely 5.0.1. It has bugs with just about every single phone (including the Nexus it was designed on). It's why some of us wait about 6 months before updating. You early adopters find all the bugs we don't want, so we wait for the next fix. Maybe 5.1 will work well enough to be worth updating to, but it's just out, so we'll see in a few months. I'm only running 4.4.2 - but my phone works. It's more important to me to have a working phone than to have one with a later ROM but not working.

Hypnotoadd

Aug 24, 2012
Visit site
I have the G3 & also have 5.01 but I don't have this issue. The only problem I've had with lollipop is that llama works a little differently now, otherwise it's been perfect for me.

twosctrjns

Jan 13, 2013
Visit site
What would be causing it is most likely 5.0.1. It has bugs with just about every single phone (including the Nexus it was designed on). It's why some of us wait about 6 months before updating. You early adopters find all the bugs we don't want, so we wait for the next fix. Maybe 5.1 will work well enough to be worth updating to, but it's just out, so we'll see in a few months. I'm only running 4.4.2 - but my phone works. It's more important to me to have a working phone than to have one with a later ROM but not working.

I have the same issue but I'm still running Kit Kat. Anyone else have this issue?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463