I am thinking of getting an iphone because there is no lag with its operating system and when there are updates.
    03-24-2015 08:35 AM
    what device do you have? probably your device is a bit old and new updates need a better hardware to work perfectly... At least is what happen with iPhone 4s when running on iOS 8.x. It can run but need a better hardware to run smooth. Probably is what happen to your phone =S
    03-24-2015 09:13 AM
    Yes Android updates are oftentimes buggy and laggy, better buy an iPhone but make sure its atleast an iPhone 5.
    03-24-2015 09:57 AM
    IOS updates are notorious for being buggy.
    03-24-2015 01:37 PM
    As mentioned, older hardware can be a problem but following an update the very least you should do is wipe the cache partition (being anal I do a full reset).
    03-24-2015 05:38 PM
    I have a Nexus 5 and I do not experience any problems lagging or slowness. I do however, do a factory reset after a software upgrade. It's no big deal as long as you do backup first. And if you sync to Google everything is put back on as far as pictures, apps goes.
    03-24-2015 08:06 PM
    Considering I have an iPhone 6 Plus ATM and I just ordered a Nexus 6 I will be glad to move back to Android. Lets look at the last 6 months of iOS updates and the buggy problems they have had.They are racing to patch their phones faster than Android this time around. I will factory reset my phone and sell it off and be happily back to Android. The phone is nice, the hardware is nice, but its plain vanilla and I do prefer Mint Chocolate Chip with extras.

Also keep in mind that Apple avoids the fact that each revision of iOS is not applied to every device as they claim it is. They remove a lot of features that they simply cannot support on older hardware. iOS 8 on a 4S is not the same as the 5S and thats not the same as the 6. So don't think Apple is perfect, if you want quick and timely updates that is what a Nexus device is about.. Pure Android that you can do as you wish without limitations. Apple locks you in and tells you what to think and how to think. Odd given their big ad in 1984, how things change 30 years later.
    03-24-2015 08:20 PM
    I am thinking of getting an iphone because there is no lag with its operating system and when there are updates.
    Ignore my previous post suggesting an iPhone.Maybe try a Moto X or a Windows Phone.
    03-25-2015 07:43 AM
    Also keep in mind that Apple avoids the fact that each revision of iOS is not applied to every device as they claim it is. They remove a lot of features that they simply cannot support on older hardware. iOS 8 on a 4S is not the same as the 5S and thats not the same as the 6.
    Nope. Sorry man but your sentiment is pretty far off. You're right in that the 4S doesn't have all of iOS 8 features. At least it has some kind of iOS 8. That phone came out in 2011. The Galaxy Nexus came out the same time and doesn't have an official Lollipop release at all.

You're also wrong about iOS 8 being different on the 5S. In fact, it's the same on the 5, 5C, 5S, 6, 6plus, as well as all iPad 4th gen (2012) and everything after.

I've used iOS and right now I'm on Android. As far as OS updates are concerned, I'd say they are about the same in bugginess - maybe iOS a little bit more stable (but I can't speak specifically for iOS8). I know there are threads are about how "horrible and buggy" 5.0 was, but me personally I didn't find it too bad. I don't think there is a big difference between the platforms in that regard. I personally think all *.0 updates are going to be rough.
    TeritorialDemon likes this.
    03-25-2015 10:43 AM
    Nope. Sorry man but your sentiment is pretty far off. You're right in that the 4S doesn't have all of iOS 8 features. At least it has some kind of iOS 8. That phone came out in 2011. The Galaxy Nexus came out the same time and doesn't have an official Lollipop release at all.

You're also wrong about iOS 8 being different on the 5S. In fact, it's the same on the 5, 5C, 5S, 6, 6plus, as well as all iPad 4th gen (2012) and everything after.

I've used iOS and right now I'm on Android. As far as OS updates are concerned, I'd say they are about the same in bugginess - maybe iOS a little bit more stable (but I can't speak specifically for iOS8). I know there are threads are about how "horrible and buggy" 5.0 was, but me personally I didn't find it too bad. I don't think there is a big difference between the platforms in that regard. I personally think all *.0 updates are going to be rough.
    Couldn't have said it better myself. I love how people try to argue with no knowledge of what they're trying to argue in the first place.

HTC One Remix
    03-31-2015 09:18 AM
    I got a Galaxy Note 3 from day one and now with 5.0 update it flies! I've had the 5.0 for a few days now and haven't noticed any lag and bug.
    03-31-2015 11:14 AM
    I'm a big Android fan and will only go to iPhone if I feel I have no other choice. However, I do think each platform has its advantages. DH has an iPhone 3 which still works quite well. He's had an occasional glitch along the way, but he doesn't do any upkeep on the phone, often neglects to update for long periods of time until he realizes he needs an update for some reason. Through it all, his phone has worked beautifully. I just don't like it because it seems cluttered and too inflexible.

As far as Android offering the fastest updates and fixes for problems, go over to Google products forum and tell people who have been suffering with Nexus 6 phones that have been rendered nearly useless for about 5 months due to continued reboots. It was hoped Android 5.1 would fix it, and it apparently has for some---but many are still having issues. So, yes, a supposed fix did come out, but I wouldn't call 5 months timely if I'm the one with the phone that was cutting me off in the middle of phone calls and rebooting at other inopportune times.

I repeat: I'm a big Android fan, but I"m also a realist.
    04-01-2015 07:29 PM