The Lollipop upgrade deleted my private mode pictures, how can I get them back?

A

AC Question

lollipop at&t upgrade deleted my private mode pictures please help

After lollipop upgrade my private mode pictures were gone. I checked my files and see I have 200 encrypted files but can't open, see, or move its content.

permissibleyield

Mar 26, 2015
Visit site
Re: lollipop at&t upgrade deleted my private mode pictures please help

I'm having the same issue and it's so frustrating. I tried to get help from Samsung knowing it would be a long shot but so far no luck.

William Free

Mar 27, 2015
Visit site

I have the same issue lost a lot of pics can someone tell me where they are stored and under what

Ghost9901

Mar 27, 2015
Visit site

I am having the same issue. I have the galaxy note 4 with AT&T, the phone is not rooted, and after the lollipop update all of my private files were deleted...I can add new files to the private album, but everything prior to the update seems to have been deleted.

DLK1

Dec 15, 2013
Visit site

You should always do a backup of anything you do not want to loose either to a PC or Cloud Drive, period to a system upgrade.

ram1220

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site

You should always do a backup of anything you do not want to loose either to a PC or Cloud Drive, period to a system upgrade.

Do you have an idea to help these people other than preaching? And it's lose not loose.

DLK1

Dec 15, 2013
Visit site

Do you have an idea to help these people other than preaching? And it's lose not loose.

Thank you for pointing that out, I'll watch my spelling next time. I notice you have nothing useful to add.

permissibleyield

Mar 26, 2015
Visit site
From what I can tell, my previously private files are all still there, they are just not accessible. It appears that in the upgrade to lollipop they also upgraded the encryption key which broke the previous encryption to the private folder I had before.

I spent a couple hours talking to the Samsung support desk but he was just as clueless as I was on how to correct the encryption. In order to not make matters worse, I moved the files in their encrypted state to my PC in the hopes that perhaps Android will push out a fix or some third party will publish an app to unencrypt them in the future.

Considering that most of my private files were nudes of myself, I've joked about offering a copy to the first hacker that can crack them. LMAO!

Joseph Skowronski

Apr 7, 2015
Visit site
not a fix but rather a way to view your private folders..

try going to your "My Files" app after enabling Private Mode.. under "Local Storage" you should see the "Private" icon - all your private folders will be there to view.

funny part is though after viewing the Private folder in My Files the folders are restored to the original locations but after you turn private mode off then on again it doesn't show anymore and you have to go back to my files..

DPushparagavan

Apr 9, 2015
Visit site
Turn on Private Mode
Access your "My Files" folder (Should be under Applications)
The pics should be in under "Images"
Click one of your Private Mode pics to see if it works.
Try turning off and on Private Mode, and the pics should be back under gallery.

I had the same problem you mentioned and I tried this and it worked, not sure if it will help you.

All the best.

Blow Hole

Apr 10, 2015
Visit site
After speaking with Samsung they are aware of the problem and will release a fix on the next update. The items in private mode or hidden pictures are still on the phone although you cannot access them, they have not been deleted. When will the next update happen?? When they feel it is appropriate, "we do not want to confuse anyone." LOL what a crock of $H!+

msmith77

Apr 10, 2015
Visit site

there is a new UPDATE that i downloaded this morning and it fixed the Hidden Files folder

I downloaded the update as of 14 April 2015

Last edited: