The Lollipop upgrade deleted my private mode pictures, how can I get them back?

aarasu

Apr 18, 2013
Visit site
Thats why we have auto sync, i guess even that does not work. Why all this syncing when people are still losing files. Its all about making money and selling lousy hardware. Thank you. I just lost a whole bunch of important files when change to lollipop, now i am in a fix. THANK YOU SAMSUNG. Next its apple.

I might have a note edge, on the edge of crappy technology. Before that i had a note 2 and it was a nightmare transferring files over, will i go over to note 6, well this is one VERY GOOD REASON NOT TO.

JeepGuy25

Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
Also have the same issue. When I turn on private mode, I can see a folder named 'PRIVATE'. It even shows up when Im connected via USB to my PC. It shows at least a few gigs of data being present. However, there are just a few drill down folders, with nothing in there.

I realize I should have backed the private mode photos and docs up. But...there has to be a way to get back into this. Otherwise the phone wouldnt have kept a record of there even being a private folder with stuff in it... right?

On a side note, Im extremely disappointed in the back up system. There are plenty of app data and settings that I specifically tell the phone to back up, and they dont seem to be restoring. PITA.

J.

Shujath Alam

Jul 22, 2015
Visit site
I have a perfectly working solution. Its kind of copy- paste and uninstall - install operations that you need to do. I recovered all my files. If anybody is interested I will tell. I dont want to waste my energy by explaining the whole process if nobody needs now.

basarov9

Aug 16, 2015
Visit site
FYI - The 5.0 upgrade deletes or renders other files inaccessible- The camera on my Samsung 4 now mysteriously takes pictures as if all is well, but when you go back to review your gallery, they are just unknown icons - no picture is accessible. Anything prior to the upgrade is viewable. Anything post-upgrade is hosed....

Most disconcerting, I did not get a warning of what was about to happen or I would MOST ASSUREDLY have backed up my phone - DLK1 A-Hole!!!!!!

Anyone successful in downgrading?

Marissa Meera

Jun 25, 2016
Visit site
I created a folder in my Gallery and moved some photos from my whatsapp images and screenshots to this folder I created. After the software upgrade, i can't view the photos in this folder, its all showing 'permission denied'. And i tried to switch on and off my phone and the whole folder in now missing... what do i do, those photos are very important to me

johnyJBravo

Jun 29, 2016
Visit site
I see that you are mentioning private mode. Can you tell me how to turn it on? As I've heard that is special mode that not everyone can see my files, is that right?

itsbignick808

Mar 31, 2017
Visit site
Re: lollipop at&t upgrade deleted my private mode pictures please help

I have a perfectly working solution. I will write only if anyone is interested now. Because I see these posts are very old.

I'm having same issue from the Marshmallow 6.0 version updating to the Nougat 7.0.
Had some pictures in a private folder on a SD card, can't access any of them.
Have rolled back to previous version marshmallow and still no luck.
The folder still shows up but is empty when I click on it.

What was your solution from prior update?

Nick

itsbignick808

Mar 31, 2017
Visit site
Nick, do the photos show up when you try a PC to view the SD Card?

The folder that they were in is visible on my phone andPC but the files inside are gone. Just an empty folder.

Even tried enabling and disabling private mode on both firmwares and adding new pictures to private mode to try and refresh the album. Still empty.