Hi All,
    Im using an S5, upgraded to lollipop (5.0). I use the android stock email app for my work emails (via exchange server). since upgrading (also did a facory reset/clean install) the stock email just wont sync via wifi...I've tried in different wifi networks (home, work, friends, family members) and it just wont sync. via mobile network it syncs just fine. our IT department says that their server is fine and nothing has changed. I tried using Nine and it sync'ed just fine over wifi and mobile.
    anybody know whats wrong with the stock email? anyone had the same issue and managed to fix it ?
    Tks
    Eric Hansen
    03-30-2015 06:45 AM
    Hi All,
    Im using an S5, upgraded to lollipop (5.0). I use the android stock email app for my work emails (via exchange server). since upgrading (also did a facory reset/clean install) the stock email just wont sync via wifi...I've tried in different wifi networks (home, work, friends, family members) and it just wont sync. via mobile network it syncs just fine. our IT department says that their server is fine and nothing has changed. I tried using Nine and it sync'ed just fine over wifi and mobile.
    anybody know whats wrong with the stock email? anyone had the same issue and managed to fix it ?
    Tks
    Eric Hansen
    Have you tried removing the email account from the app and then adding it back?
    03-30-2015 07:39 AM
    Thanks. Yes I did. I removed it from the email app and configured it again from scratch and still wont sync over wifi. Thinkinf of just using Nine instead.
    03-30-2015 09:07 PM
    Thanks. Yes I did. I removed it from the email app and configured it again from scratch and still wont sync over wifi. Thinkinf of just using Nine instead.
    Yeah that is really strange, sorry I couldn't be of more help.
    03-31-2015 07:38 AM
    Hi

I will not be able to help, as I am facing the same problem: my exchange accounts sync fine over cellular network but after the update to android 5.0 I am not able to get it to sync over wifi. Strange thing is: when I remove the sim card, sync over wifi works perfect. What am I missing?

I hope we can solve this quickly: I prefer to use my S4 but as I only have exchange accounts, I am forced to go back to my Iphone 4...
    04-02-2015 08:17 AM
    Hi

As mentioned before I had the same problem. I searched the net a bit and found somebody who solved this issue: he had deleted the PROXY and PORT from the mobile network connection. I did the same and voila problem solved.

Hope it works for you as well
    04-05-2015 05:14 AM
    Hi,

I have the same issue with a user in my office. Could you please be a bit more specific as to where to delete port and proxy?
    Or link to somewhere where i can see how its done.

Thanks in advance!
    04-30-2015 07:21 AM
    It worked!

Just go to "Settings"->"More networks"->"Mobile Networks"->Access point names".
    Choose the one that says "WAP".
    Then clear "Proxy" and "Port".
    07-03-2015 05:51 AM
    I managed to resolved my problem by setting Proxy Settings (IP + Port) on the work Wifi. After this my sync started working.
    08-04-2015 11:10 AM
    How about the Note 5, how to clear the Proxy settings?
    10-16-2015 10:45 AM