How can I prevent Android from changing my background image without my permission?

A

AC Question

how can I prevent android from changing my background image without my permission?

whenever I listen to music, no matter what app, the background image on my lockscreen is changed to some album art without my permission, no matter what I try I cannot change it back and it is really annoying; no explanation on the phone about this useless feature and how to disable it. I'm using android 5.0.1 on a nexus 5

itguyjax8430

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
Re: how can I prevent android from changing my background image without my permission?

whenever I listen to music, no matter what app, the background image on my lockscreen is changed to some album art without my permission, no matter what I try I cannot change it back and it is really annoying; no explanation on the phone about this useless feature and how to disable it. I'm using android 5.0.1 on a nexus 5

There is no way to turn it off, it is built in to the OS to display. You can try using another music app other than Google Play Music.

MaxPower203

Dec 2, 2014
Visit site
Re: how can I prevent android from changing my background image without my permission?

The built in Music app on the Galaxy S5 does this too. Wiuldn't be so bad but it zooms in on the small album art thumbnail and looks bad. Blah.

zavandiver

May 2, 2014
Visit site

Same thing happens with the Audible audiobook app. Must be baked in to Lollipop for any music/audio app.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol