I updated my phone yesterday and it hasn't worked right since. I can't even make a phone call or send a text message using the standard app that came with the phone. It also drains my battery. Until yesterday I loved my android. Now I'm ready for an iPhone.
    04-01-2015 08:45 AM
    I updated my phone yesterday and it hasn't worked right since. I can't even make a phone call or send a text message using the standard app that came with the phone. It also drains my battery. Until yesterday I loved my android. Now I'm ready for an iPhone.
    I had a similar issue... You press the 'Phone' or 'Dialler' app and nothing happens right? I just rebooted my Moto G (2014) and that fixed it. These lags and hanging issues do happen once in a while.
    04-01-2015 10:55 AM
    You are probably going to need to do a factory reset. A lot of people are having a ton of problems with the Lollipop update. Most are fixed when they do a factory reset.
    04-01-2015 11:05 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! The OP mentioned in the title that it's a G2.

It might be worth doing a factory reset (after backing up or syncing all of your data). I usually recommend a system cache partition wipe after major system updates, but unfortunately that isn't possible on the G2. If the reset doesn't help, bring the phone back to your carrier and show them how their update messed it up. Ask them what they can do for you, since it was working fine before their update caused problems.

And FYI, iPhones are not immune to update problems, either. All you need to do is look through the various mainstream tech sites about recent iOS 7 and iOS 8 updates.
    04-01-2015 11:06 AM
    I'm about to factory reset. Backing up photos to G+. ALl app data should be backed up already since I had Backup My Data turned on...right? And I hae restore all data checked also. How does the restore start? Tnx.
    04-01-2015 12:23 PM
    I'm about to factory reset. Backing up photos to G+. ALl app data should be backed up already since I had Backup My Data turned on...right? And I hae restore all data checked also. How does the restore start? Tnx.
    As soon as you log back in to your Google account it will send a request to start downloading all your apps.
    04-01-2015 01:09 PM
    Thanks. WHat will I get back and what wil I lose. When I did the upgrade it said it wasoptimizing 174 apps. Now it is downloading/restoring 140. WIll I get my home screen layouts back?
    04-01-2015 01:15 PM
    Thanks. WHat will I get back and what wil I lose. When I did the upgrade it said it wasoptimizing 174 apps. Now it is downloading/restoring 140. WIll I get my home screen layouts back?
    The layout you will probably have to re-set up if you are using the stock launcher. I just Nova Launcher and it allows me to make a back up of my home screens so when I do a reset I can just restore it back to what it was before.
    04-01-2015 01:39 PM
    Stock. Damn. WHen does the app data come back? AFter the apps are restored? It has already re-installed One Note but when I launched it it wanted a logina and password. I thought app data restore restored that suff...
    04-01-2015 01:43 PM
    Stock. Damn. WHen does the app data come back? AFter the apps are restored? It has already re-installed One Note but when I launched it it wanted a logina and password. I thought app data restore restored that suff...
    It should restore your Notes as soon as you log in to it.
    04-01-2015 02:29 PM
    I'd be a little cautious with app data. The "Backup Data" option in the Android system menu doesn't necessarily backup the data to every single app you have--I think it's only certain apps that make use of the feature, and unfortunately, there's no definite way to know which ones do.
    04-01-2015 03:12 PM
    I can tell you which ones.....NONE OF THEM!!

I took everyone's advice and turned on G+ photo backup. Now, how do I get them back on the friggin' phone...there doesn't seem to be an option to download them.
    04-01-2015 03:18 PM

I took everyone's advice and turned on G+ photo backup. Now, how do I get them back on the friggin' phone...there doesn't seem to be an option to download them.
    You can just leave them in the clowd if you want you can access them anytime you want with the Photos app.
    04-01-2015 03:29 PM
    </sarcasm> and broadband internet is available everywhere on earth ... </sarcasm>
    04-01-2015 03:35 PM
    Are you using the Photos app? The one with the pinwheel icon, that is. You should be able to download your photos using that. Select the photo, tap Menu, then Download.
    04-01-2015 04:45 PM
    I think what ticks me off the most is the app data...the backup checkbox says apps and app data when in truth not one damn drop of app data came back...not one iota. That's just a damned lie. I can live with this and I'll get used to the new layout of my home screens but havining to re-enter every login is a PITA. And I lost all my Fuel Log data for my car....no it's not in the cloud. I don't need every damned thing to be in the cloud. Internet isn't always.
    04-01-2015 05:59 PM
    There's a little more detail here: https://support.google.com/nexus/answer/2819582?hl=en. But notice that it says "Third party app settings and data (varies by app)." (bold is mine) So it's not very reliable.
    04-01-2015 07:07 PM
    If it's not backed up off your phone, you're just begging to lose it.
    04-02-2015 12:35 AM

Google Takeout should help you download your photos: https://www.google.com/settings/takeout
    04-02-2015 05:50 AM
    Yeah... That sucks... I'm hating the update massively. I've done a few flashes myself on the G2 and know all to well how much it sucks losing all app data, settings and phone customizations. It was fantastic when I was rooted and could use Titanium, but without rooting you basically lose anything that doesn't create a physical file for backup.
    04-03-2015 01:19 AM
    Silly people. Tax Girl didn't want a solution. She wanted an IPhone. I suspect she has one now.
    dakshay95 likes this.
    04-03-2015 07:51 AM