Hello,
    I have asked a question before like this:-
    "I am using Kitkat 4.4.4 version of Android in my Moto G 2nd Generation (G2). I am getting an update to Lollipop version but I am not interested in updating the android to Lollipop. So, my question is how can I stop getting notification of update of Lollipop."

In response I have got this answer:-
    "Unless you are rooted it will keep harassing you until you do the update."

Now my question is how to root, as anyhow I want to get rid of this update notification of Lollipop.

Thanks.
    04-02-2015 12:30 AM
    Try towelroot!

Posted via the Android Central App
    04-02-2015 12:36 AM
    Or Google is your friend at this time!

Posted via the Android Central App
    04-02-2015 12:36 AM
    Interesting I am rooted and I still get update notification for Lollipop 5.1.
    04-02-2015 08:30 PM
    Hello,
    I have asked a question before like this:-
    "I am using Kitkat 4.4.4 version of Android in my Moto G 2nd Generation (G2). I am getting an update to Lollipop version but I am not interested in updating the android to Lollipop. So, my question is how can I stop getting notification of update of Lollipop."

In response I have got this answer:-
    "Unless you are rooted it will keep harassing you until you do the update."
    You may not have to root your phone to get rid of the unwanted Lollipop notification. I got rid of the 5.0.2 notification on my unrooted Nexus 7 (2013) tablet, thanks to instructions from Brosko, another participant on these forums. Here's what he said:

"You can disabled the notification for the update by long pressing it then selecting app info and then when it takes you to the play services app info screen uncheck the enable notifications box to disable notifications."

I followed his instructions, and the 5.0.2 notification hasn't returned. I was at first worried that all notifications would stop, including those from Play Store, but that's not the case. The only notification that no longer appears is the one for 5.0.2. My Nexus 7 (2013) is very happy to stay on KitKat 4.4.4.

I hope this helps.
    04-03-2015 12:26 PM
    You may not have to root your phone to get rid of the unwanted Lollipop notification. I got rid of the 5.0.2 notification on my unrooted Nexus 7 (2013) tablet, thanks to instructions from Brosko, another participant on these forums. Here's what he said:

"You can disabled the notification for the update by long pressing it then selecting app info and then when it takes you to the play services app info screen uncheck the enable notifications box to disable notifications."

I followed his instructions, and the 5.0.2 notification hasn't returned. I was at first worried that all notifications would stop, including those from Play Store, but that's not the case. The only notification that no longer appears is the one for 5.0.2. My Nexus 7 (2013) is very happy to stay on KitKat 4.4.4.

I hope this helps.
    Thank you so much, I love you!!! Except it doesn't work on Samsung Galaxy apparently... :/
    11-03-2015 04:22 AM