01-01-2018 06:05 AM
53 123
tools
    My wife's Nexus 5 started with 4.4, then 5.0, then 5.02, currently 5.1.

My Nexus 6 started with 5.0, then 5.02, currently 5.1.

Neither of these phones has s battery charged notification and I don't see any way to enable one even if I wanted to ( which I don't).

Posted via the Android Central App
    05-09-2015 03:26 AM
    Can someone post a screenshot or, at the least, the exact text of the notification message?
    05-09-2015 06:11 AM
    Hi all,

Also found this new feature annoying. Found something on my Xperia Z3 - it's in Settings -> Accessibility -> Play sound when battery is full (uncheck)
    Not the first place I would look (used Search within Settings), but hope this helps some of you.

Cheers...
    05-11-2015 10:07 PM
    Hi all,

Also found this new feature annoying. Found something on my Xperia Z3 - it's in Settings -> Accessibility -> Play sound when battery is full (uncheck)
    Not the first place I would look (used Search within Settings), but hope this helps some of you.

Cheers...
    Interesting. However, I don't see that choice in stock (Nexus 6) Android 5.1.
    05-12-2015 09:51 AM
    That's what everyone is already doing to get rid of it. The problem is how to keep it from showing up in the first place. Many people are being woken up by the light in the middle of the night when it reaches full charge.
    My solution is that I put my phone screen down when I go to bed. I do agree this is a pointless notification and should be able to be disabled without rooting.

Seems like L thinks it knows what we want and therefore choices are not given. If you like your notifications you can keep your notifications.
    05-13-2015 11:30 AM
    My solution is that I put my phone screen down when I go to bed. I do agree this is a pointless notification and should be able to be disabled without rooting.

Seems like L thinks it knows what we want and therefore choices are not given. If you like your notifications you can keep your notifications.
    This is clearly NOT a Lollipop issue as it does not affect the majority of users. There must be something else going on here...

[edit to add]

In this thread https://code.google.com/p/android/is...tail?id=153414 a developer states that he searched the entire Lollipop source code and was unable to find the "fully charged" text string, therefore it is not a stock Android notification. Looks like the blame should be properly placed on Samsung.
    ptkelly and Manamoor like this.
    05-13-2015 01:23 PM
    This is clearly NOT a Lollipop issue as it does not affect the majority of users. There must be something else going on here...

[edit to add]

In this thread https://code.google.com/p/android/is...tail?id=153414 a developer states that he searched the entire Lollipop source code and was unable to find the "fully charged" text string, therefore it is not a stock Android notification. Looks like the blame should be properly placed on Samsung.
    In your link, two different users say they're getting the same notification on their LG G3's, so it's not just a Samsung issue. Here is a screenshot of the message that was posted there.
    Attached Thumbnails How to Disable Battery fully charged notification?-battery-fully-charged.-unplug-charger.jpg  
    05-13-2015 05:11 PM
    In your link, two different users say they're getting the same notification on their LG G3's, so it's not just a Samsung issue. Here is a screenshot of the message that was posted there.
    Agreed, but it still cannot be stock Lollipop for the simple reason that most of us don't see this notification. Me, for example, on multiple devices (Nexus 5, Nexus 6, and Nexus 7 2013).
    ptkelly and Manamoor like this.
    05-13-2015 05:15 PM
    I would add, by the way, that nothing in the image posted above is stock Lollipop.

Not the clock, not the weather, not the battery charge state, not the alarm state, not the moon, and not the 32934 (whatever that is...)
    05-13-2015 05:18 PM
    I would add, by the way, that nothing in the image posted above is stock Lollipop.

Not the clock, not the weather, not the battery charge state, not the alarm state, not the moon, and not the 32934 (whatever that is...)
    It's not my screenshot, but other than the extras that you mentioned, the clock and weather are almost identical to the desk dock mode display on my stock Lollipop Note 3. When I'm home, my phone lives in the OEM desk dock.
    05-13-2015 05:39 PM
    It's not my screenshot, but other than the extras that you mentioned, the clock and weather are almost identical to the desk dock mode display on my stock Lollipop Note 3. When I'm home, my phone lives in the OEM desk dock.
    But it's not "stock" - as already seems pretty clear, Samsung either uses a highly tweaked version of Lollipop or adds their own skin on top of it.

None of what you see in that image appears on any Nexus device, all of which are by definition "stock" devices.

Manamoor likes this.
    05-13-2015 05:54 PM
    But it's not "stock" - as already seems pretty clear, Samsung either uses a highly tweaked version of Lollipop or adds their own skin on top of it.

None of what you see in that image appears on any Nexus device, all of which are by definition "stock" devices.

Okay, you win on semantics. We're talking stock Samsung (and apparently LG) Lollipop and you're talking stock Google Lollipop.
    Jay Sacks likes this.
    05-13-2015 06:15 PM
    I'm also experiencing this major annoyance.

I KNOW I can swipe and it will go away. That is NOT the point.

Has anybody found a real solution to stop the notification from appearing at all?

Thanks in advance for any assistance!
    05-21-2015 02:24 PM
    I know of a work around for using your phone as a clock.

1. Launch the clock screen.
    2. Put the Phone to Sleep
    3. Wake the phone back up.

You will then not get the White Notification in the middle of the night.
    05-22-2015 08:45 AM
    Samsung Galaxy Note 3 on Lollipoop (not a misspelling), same thing. I use Night Clock and tried the power button - off/on work-around and I still get the damned battery full notification.

Samsung, are you listening? >:-(
    06-03-2015 07:16 AM
    This feels like a stupid question, but did you go into the battery settings? You should also be able to control notifications in your programs settings.
    Not knowing if this will help. I had the same problem where in when my battery was full it would chime until i unplugged the phone. As of last night my phone would not charge at all, so i changed cords and it now works fine. Does not chime untill i unplug phone. Let me know if this helps?
    06-19-2015 11:48 AM
    Ditto for me. Same issue and i have a new Samsung Note 4 using Night Clock. Putting phone on it's face is not an option when you want to have a bedside clock/alarm
    06-19-2015 12:48 PM
    Actually just finished up a chat session with Samsung tech support and also gave him remote access in phone. Was hoping he could tweak something. He said that nothing can be done with it, that the battery notification is a failsafe reminder to unplug the phone since overcharging can damage the phone. I for one have always charged at night (like 99% of the world and) and haven't had any real degradation of battery life over the years having phones.
    06-19-2015 04:55 PM
    Actually just finished up a chat session with Samsung tech support and also gave him remote access in phone. Was hoping he could tweak something. He said that nothing can be done with it, that the battery notification is a failsafe reminder to unplug the phone since overcharging can damage the phone. I for one have always charged at night (like 99% of the world and) and haven't had any real degradation of battery life over the years having phones.
    If the phone's charging circuitry is functioning correctly it is impossible to overcharge the battery, no matter how long it is plugged in.

Sounds to me like Samsung is trying to provide themselves a legal "out" in case said circuitry should fail and a battery explosion and/or fire occurs.
    06-20-2015 06:17 AM
    I also have this problem with a Stock Verizon Galaxy Note 3. I like to use a Night Clock when traveling, and that bright 'heads-up' notification is quite annoying. Did some digging, and on another thread, came across a solution:

HeadsOff by TickerOn:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...oheadsup&hl=en

This fixed the problem for me, just using the free version. Finally!
    06-28-2015 06:06 AM
    This is a global warming thing.....

When they say "unplug the charger", they mean unplug the charger from the wall, not the phone.

Wall-warts always draw some power, even when they're not being used. One idle wall-wart only draws a teeny amount of power, but add up every Samsung wall wart in use for the entire world and you've got some serious power draw.

Read about it here --> How To Reduce Vampire Power - Green Options Community

Many places generate power through the use of carbon based fuels (coal etc), so by not unplugging your wall wart, you're adding to CO2 pollution and playing a small part in dooming future generations.

Everybody must do their part to save the world. Even President Obama says so --> Obama: No greater threat to future than climate change - CNN.com
    06-29-2015 11:01 AM
    I've just answered this on a different thread ref LG3 phone doing the same.

I have Sony Aqua M4, but it's pretty standard Android 5.1 Lollipop

"Settings" -> "Accessibility" -> "Play Sound When Battery Full"

Hope this works for you, and you get a good nights sleep!

Richard
    07-13-2015 04:14 PM
    I've just answered this on a different thread ref LG3 phone doing the same.

I have Sony Aqua M4, but it's pretty standard Android 5.1 Lollipop

"Settings" -> "Accessibility" -> "Play Sound When Battery Full"

Hope this works for you, and you get a good nights sleep!

Richard
    That's not a part of "stock" Android 5.X (stock as in any Google Nexus device which, by definition, run non-tweaked/non-skinned OS versions).

Apparently it is in Sony's OS skin; I think it fair to say that if it were in Samsung's it would have been discovered much earlier in this thread.

07-15-2015 05:53 AM
    I also have this problem with a Stock Verizon Galaxy Note 3. I like to use a Night Clock when traveling, and that bright 'heads-up' notification is quite annoying. Did some digging, and on another thread, came across a solution:

HeadsOff by TickerOn

This fixed the problem for me, just using the free version. Finally!
    OMG. Thank you so much. For months since my Verizon OTA update to Lollipop 5.0 I have been woken up every night to this incredibly annoying, bright white notification. I just ended up setting the phone down on it's face to be able to get some sleep... But of course that meant no Dock Clock app, which I had been using (and enjoying) for years.

I get my Dock Clock back! :-) And I get to sleep! :-)

I'm sending the app developer $20 today. Freakin' brilliant. Thank you for the tip!

* Samsung Galaxy Note 3, Verizon, Lollipop 5.0 via OTA update.
    DLCPhototography likes this.
    07-16-2015 05:14 AM
    Hi folks,

My phone recently got the nightmare people call lollipop..
    While there are many annoyances with this release, I'd like to ask for help with one of them this time.

How do I disable the "Batterycharged. Disconnect phone" notification?
    This notification is useless to me, and I want it disabled, but I can't seem to turn it off on my phone.

It is an sprint's s5; not rooted.
    help?
    I have a droid turbo and its in sound & notifications for me.
    09-16-2015 11:29 PM
53 123