Can't change date forward past June 15, 2015

D Mac

Dec 8, 2012
Visit site
If I change the date forward to any time between now and June 15 the date stays on the date I selected. However if I select any date from June 16th forward it will show that date for one second and then automatically switch the date back to todays current date (April 3, 2015).

It does this on my Nexus 10 every single time.
It does this on my Nexus 5, however the cutoff date seems to be farther forward than June 15th.
It did this once on my Nexus 9 but only once, now it will remain on any date I set it to.

Nexus 10 and 5 are both running 5.1
Nexus 9 is running 5.0.1
Most of the same apps are installed on all 3 devices however none are running at the time of the attempted date change.

Is it just me or does it do this for everyone?

D Mac

Dec 8, 2012
Visit site
Just curious, why would you want to do that?
Because a game I am playing requires me to wait 1,019 days before I can access the next level. ...or I can just put the date forward 1,019 days if it would let me.

So are you on 5.1? Can you put your date forward 6 months?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
No I can't. I wonder if the game would accept that anyway--it might go off its server clock, rather than the phone's clock.

D Mac

Dec 8, 2012
Visit site
OK good to know it's not just me.

It would definitely work. On any game like Candy Crush, Stella Pop, Pyramid Solitaire Saga, etc you can just put the date forward on your device to get more lives or to get to the next set of levels without waiting.