I'm using Android 5.0 on a Samsung Galaxy Note 3 with T-Mobile. I often use Wi-Fi calling which is supported by T-Mobile. But the notification panel always shows Wi-Fi calling as one of the notifications (screenshot). Is there any way to stop it from appearing? There is already a Wi-Fi calling icon on the screen (screenshot). It does not need a separate notification for it, and older Anrdoid versions didn't have it.

The above screenshot shows that Android 5.0 also adds a notification for airplane mode. Come on, isn't there already a little airplane icon on the screen indicating such (screenshot)? Just like Wi-Fi calling, I do not need to be notified about it separately in the notification screen.

But my biggest concern is that the notification for incoming email only shows a tiny envelope icon and the number of emails (screenshot), which is not enough information. But when I swipe down to open up the notification panel in full, THEN it shows more email detail (screenshot). Is there any way to show the email detail without having to swipe open the notification panel?

And the email detail doesn't show a portion of the message body like in older Android versions. I'm guessing that has to do with security. But there needs to be adjustable options. And yes, I already went into Settings to have it "show all content" in lock screen notifications.

Anyone has any solutions, workarounds, thoughts?
    04-05-2015 12:38 PM
    I'm using Android 5.0 on a Samsung Galaxy Note 3 with T-Mobile. I often use Wi-Fi calling which is supported by T-Mobile. But the notification panel always shows Wi-Fi calling as one of the notifications (screenshot). Is there any way to stop it from appearing? There is already a Wi-Fi calling icon on the screen (screenshot). It does not need a separate notification for it, and older Anrdoid versions didn't have it.

The above screenshot shows that Android 5.0 also adds a notification for airplane mode. Come on, isn't there already a little airplane icon on the screen indicating such (screenshot)? Just like Wi-Fi calling, I do not need to be notified about it separately in the notification screen.

But my biggest concern is that the notification for incoming email only shows a tiny envelope icon and the number of emails (screenshot), which is not enough information. But when I swipe down to open up the notification panel in full, THEN it shows more email detail (screenshot). Is there any way to show the email detail without having to swipe open the notification panel?

And the email detail doesn't show a portion of the message body like in older Android versions. I'm guessing that has to do with security. But there needs to be adjustable options. And yes, I already went into Settings to have it "show all content" in lock screen notifications.

Anyone has any solutions, workarounds, thoughts?
    That is just the way that Lollopop handles the notifications now. There is no real way to remove them from the notification panel. If you are rooted I am sure the Wanam Xposed team will be creating some kind of module to remove them when they put out their updated app.
    04-06-2015 09:31 AM