Dear Google,

I remember back in GB that I could set a different notification sound (or silence) for each app.
    That feature has been sorely missing ever since.
    Could you please add it back?

I get a lot of emails and don't need to hear the chime each time an email comes in. But I also don't want to turn notifications completely off. I like seeing the icon in the notification bar and the preview in the notification list. The sound is completely unnecessary and frankly distracting. But I want to know when I get a text. You get the picture.

Also it was quite nice to set the custom sounds for each app. Knowing what the notification is by sound is really nice, saves the few seconds it takes to wake up the phone and look.

Thanks much for correcting this oversight.

-ampoliros
    04-07-2015 09:45 AM
    Have you tried looking within the apps in question?

In most cases, you go to each individual app's Settings pages and manage notification sounds/vibrate for THAT app.
    Hypnotoadd and ampoliros like this.
    04-07-2015 02:03 PM
    Well, I had been looking in the apps. For instance, GMail does not have notification settings within the app at all.
    To give you credit, though, the Yahoo app allows choosing notification sounds, so thank you there.

OK Google, get with the times and code notification settings into the GMail app, please.
    04-08-2015 09:15 AM
    Well, I had been looking in the apps. For instance, GMail does not have notification settings within the app at all.
    To give you credit, though, the Yahoo app allows choosing notification sounds, so thank you there.

OK Google, get with the times and code notification settings into the GMail app, please.
    Sure it does.

Open GMail, tap the hamburger icon at top left of screen. Tap Settings and then tap on your account name. Now tap "Index sound & vibrate" and then "Sound" on the next page.

If you have multiple accounts configured, you can set different notification sounds for each.
    ampoliros and Hypnotoadd like this.
    04-08-2015 02:18 PM
    good grief, I was looking all over for that, thanks
    some apps make things easier to find than others
    04-09-2015 08:56 AM