Somehow through experimenting, I got a photograph associated with a contact. I don't remember how (other than the photo was texted to me, so I probably did it from within the message app), and now I cannot figure how to delete that photograph. Unfortunately, it is a photo of a friend while he was visiting his wife in the hospital, but she died a few days ago and now it creeps me out to see the photo of him in an isolation gown pop up whenever he calls. It's probably obvious, but I haven't found it.

This is on a Nexus 4 running 5.0.1 if that makes a difference.

Thanks.
    04-09-2015 09:26 AM
    Try this first: Open the Contacts app, scroll to the contact in question and tap once. On the next screen, tap the pencil (edit) icon. Presuming that the photo is shown there, tap the photo and then tap Remove Photo (or, Select New Photo).
    vlee likes this.
    04-09-2015 01:46 PM
    Thanks! I probably would have figured that eventually, but for now it just didn't jump out at me. The photo still appears on previous texts, but hopefully will disappear in future ones. For now, it will be a relief to see the generic "head" pop up instead.
    04-09-2015 03:44 PM