Pandora closes imediatley after disconnecting from bluetooth

sraatc17

Jun 30, 2010
Visit site
I'm only 4 days or so into playing with my new s6 and lollypop but I'm not sure where this issue is coming from.

My ohone automatically connects to my cars BT (factory VW stereo) and I usually start pandora via google now once its connected.

With my s4 when i shut my car off pandora would pause, but the app would still be running for a little while. I liked that because when I started my car again not to long after I could resume the same song once my phone connected.

Now with the s6 I have to open pandora every single time my ohone connects to the BT.

Does anyone know if this is a s6 problem, a lollypop problem, or a pandora app problem?

Also I do need to try out ofher music apps and see if those do the same thing, but like I said I've only had the phone for 4 days, and there has been a lot to Play with.

Posted via the Android Central App

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Android will keep an app 'stored' in active memory for as long as there is free memory to do so. Then it will start to close applications as they 'age out'.... it might just be that, seeing as this is a new phone, you are opening up a bunch of apps and fussing around with the phone a lot and Pandora is getting closed to free up memory for the other applications.

sraatc17

Jun 30, 2010
Visit site
Android will keep an app 'stored' in active memory for as long as there is free memory to do so. Then it will start to close applications as they 'age out'.... it might just be that, seeing as this is a new phone, you are opening up a bunch of apps and fussing around with the phone a lot and Pandora is getting closed to free up memory for the other applications.

While I cant rule that out yet, I'm pretty sure thats not the case. I didnt open many apps while in the grocery store.

Thanks though.

sraatc17

Jun 30, 2010
Visit site
Well I tested this today with both Pandora and google play music. Pandora played through bluetooth to my car speakers. Shut the car off. Waited minute. Turned it back on, phone reconnected and I had to restart pandora manually ecen though I didnt close it, and I hadnt used any apps since it stopped.

When I did the same thing with google play it started playing music right away when my phone reconnected. And started right where I left off. I then went inside played with the phone for about a half hour. Went for a drive after opening about 5 other apps and google olay music worked just like it should. Started playing right away and the same song i was listening to before.

Why isnt pandora funtioning this way? Is it a problem witb pandora in lollypop? Is it a problem with the BT on the GS6 and the app not working together?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johndoe11