lollipop update 5.0

Tony Cochran

Apr 16, 2015
Visit site
Is it possible 5o revert back to kit kat and get rid of lollipop? Please this thing is pissing me off. Why Android why update our phones with a ****ty operating system that basically ruins our smartphones? Please kill this update 100% and give us back kit kat

Posted via the Android Central App

mrgiven

Apr 14, 2015
Visit site
Oh yeah that's exactly what I want to do! Take this dang s6 back, get a s5, revert it back to kitkat and wait a few months for the bugs to be worked out.

Please please please tell me this can be done!!!!

Apr 18, 2015
Visit site
I want to do that, however there are 2 issues I've seen online with it:
1. Some people brick their phones doing that. It seems it is not 100% secure.
2. After you revert back you keep getting notifications that there is a software upgrade and it get's so annoying so you just give up and upgrade.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Both are valid points. To prevent the updates after reverting back to KitKat, you could consider rooting the phone and disabling the system updater. But again, there are risks if you're not careful.

Ichi_Bear

Nov 4, 2011
Visit site
I updated my S5 to Lollipop last Friday. It didn't go smoothly. The initial update was very buggy and there was so much lag! I did a full Factory reset and it seems to have sorted out the glitches. Try this. Hope it works for you. Good luck 😉

Sent from my SM-G901F using Tapatalk

Tony Cochran

Apr 16, 2015
Visit site
Thanks for all help but why are the techs and people that made this ops not replying? I finally got all my contacts sorted out properly from my phone upgrade and bow have to factory reset to fix glitches? I have never been so disappointed in a software company in my life.

Tony Cochran

Apr 16, 2015
Visit site
I am curious though, why on the lock screen do I now have to tap my notification I want to view then also swipe to unlock my phone? I have no unlock security crap on in my settings. That is very annoying. It is actually faster to unlock then go to the app than it is to click on the notification from my lock screen.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for all help but why are the techs and people that made this ops not replying?

This is a community forum, not an official tech support site. We aren't affiliated with any manufacturer or software company. Most of us are just tech enthusiasts who have other day jobs. I would guess that engineers from Google or other manufacturers are prohibited from participating on these kinds of forums, due to concerns about discussing intellectual property.

AndroidHabit

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
I don't know how Samsung did the update but I know LG didn't implement most of which is Lollipop.
So if Samsung is anything like LG which it is then I would assume lollipop is not much different from KitKat.
Bugs were worked out under the hood and well as applying the Lollipop theme.
I am just glad that my LG with Lollipop was able to be rooted.
I really didn't want Lollipop to begin with but I had no choice once AT&T updated it to Lollipop.
They sent my warranty replacement with it and I don't want to go through downgrading.
A factory reset after an update reinstalls the update from scratch without hiccups.
Since your phone was on at the time of updating and its just added to the side of the original OS.
Once you factory reset it with the new update, that should organize the files and clear any bugs.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol