In Kitkat, if you had an alarm coming up, you could pull down the notification bar and dismiss it. There is no way that I cab find to be able to do that in lollipop. I have to either wait for the alarm or go and manually turn it off and then go back later and turn it back on. What a pain. How do I get that notification back so I can dismiss upcoming alarms?
    04-21-2015 07:25 AM
    I found this question and reply to the question you asked when I Googled your question, but I'm not sure it will work, only because I sometimes see the notification that I have an alarm up coming but pulling down the notifiction bar see no alarm listed, unless it's one that I've already snoozed...

nexus 5 - Dismissing an upcoming alarm when a Calendar notification is present - Android Enthusiasts Stack Exchange
    I found this question and reply to the question you asked when I Googled your question, but I'm not sure it will work, only because I sometimes see the notification that I have an alarm up coming but pulling down the notifiction bar see no alarm listed, unless it's one that I've already snoozed...

nexus 5 - Dismissing an upcoming alarm when a Calendar notification is present - Android Enthusiasts Stack Exchange
    04-21-2015 07:49 AM
    Problem is I'm not even getting the notification that there's an alarm coming up.
    04-21-2015 01:25 PM
    Yeah I don't know what the criteria is for the upcoming alarm to be displayed are... It seems that sometimes it's hours out and other times it's rather near the time the alarm should be going off, however I do often see them ahead of time. Meanwhile what device do you have, that could help narrow down the solution. Have you looked at the options you have for alarms, not individually because those are likely only related to that particular alarm, but any general settings. You may have to now request, or opt in, to have future alarms displayed. Have you looked at the thread for Lollipop alarms? There may be mention in there of steps to take, beyond how to dismissing them, on how to also have them displayed in your notifications.
    04-22-2015 07:04 AM
    I have a Sony Ericsson xperia z3. I've looked at phone and alarm settings and haven't found anything. I've been reading threads about this for days now all over the Web and haven't found an answer. I was hoping someone from Google might be able to clear this up for me. Someone has to know right? Whichever developer worked on this or tester who tested it.
    04-22-2015 07:46 PM
    It should work the same - it does on the Moto G on 5.0.2 with the stock alarm - I get an upcoming alarm notification 1/2 hour before the alarm is due which is expandable to be dismissed exactly as it was on KitKat.

What's the clock app on a Sony device - stock Lollipop is Clock 3.0.2 (3.0.3 for 5.1 devices). Maybe Sony package there own variant instead. If so you'll need to go to Sony to ask.
    04-22-2015 11:42 PM
    I hope this isn't too late for anyone, but I think I have the solution. You pull down for the notification, find the upcoming alarm tab, then pull down on that tab, and dismiss alarm is there. Hope this helps.

Matthew
    08-15-2015 06:57 AM
    I hope this isn't too late for anyone, but I think I have the solution. You pull down for the notification, find the upcoming alarm tab, then pull down on that tab with one or two fingers, and dismiss alarm is there. Hope this helps.

Matthew
    08-15-2015 06:59 AM