I just updated my LG G3 yesterday morning to Lollipop 5.0.1 because my device suggested this. I CAN'T stand this update. My Wi-Fi connections are ridiculously slow, loading this page took 3 minutes, my connections are so slow my gmail doesn't synch like it should. A probably small thing but huge for me because I use my phone for music more than anything. I can't change tracks with the screen locked. I also can't see a text message or even if it is a text message without unlocking the screen and going to the message+ app. And last my battery life sucks now. Battery used to easily last all day, yesterday I had to charge my phone midday.
    Is there any way I can go back to kit Kat 4.1.1, I hate this update but kit Kat was awesome.
    04-22-2015 09:21 AM
    Welcome to the forums. You may need to do a factory reset. The reason for that is this: The ROM framework most likely need to be rebuilt from the ground up. This will also clear any of the cached system files that are causing any processing conflicts.

As for the poor battery life; your phone's new OS is probably still going through processes with the new kernel. This sort of thing is normal. Your battery life should return soon, probably another day.
    Hypnotoadd likes this.
    04-22-2015 09:36 AM
    I have the same problems that you mentioned. The battery is failing all of the time, where it used to be good for about 2-3 days. Also the wireless seems to drop or not connect at all. All very weird "upgrades". I am not so tech savvy as others, however I came across this post on craigs list. (you can do a search on Craig's List Boston for "lollipop" or just send me a private message) I paid this person $30. I am back to KitKat and couldn't be happier. I was going crazy with Lollipop. She was awesome at downgrading Lollipop to KitKat for me. Hope this helps you guys.
    06-07-2015 11:49 AM