LG G3 is not usable after Lollipop

blahblah_gc

Apr 22, 2015
Visit site
My G3 worked fine with KK, then Lollipop changed everything. No notifications with Wifi, battery drain and wifi slow with Xfinity Arris Modem. Did a factory reset, only fixed the battery drain.

It is really NOT acceptable to reset your phone every time a system update is done. Can you imagine to reformat your HD, re-install OS every time you do a windows' update? Feel Lollipop is like Vista, hope google doesn't turn into Microsoft...

AndroidHabit

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
I just noticed a day ago that when I click on the data toggle switch it shows 4g LTE but the switch doesn't stay lit and texts don't download or able to send mms.
The switch also will not turn off data once you click it on.
I have to reboot my phone in order to turn off the data, it also only works sending data with google play no problem and my browser sometimes.

This is a huge problem and I'm not liking lollipop at all right now.
Anyone know how to fix this?

blahblah_gc

Apr 22, 2015
Visit site
It doesn't matter how many "new" features Lollipop provides, if it can't even satisfy the most basic functions, what good does it do? The problems we are seeing are so easy to catch, I start wondering if Lollipop was being tested properly.

AndroidHabit

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
UPDATE:
I got the data toggle switch to work now but not really sure what fixed it.
If you are using an appops app make sure you allow important system items to "modify settings"
I had some unchecked, I also uninstalled all xposed related things like deep sleep battery saver which might have caused a problem since third party apps can't control data anymore.

Now I have another problem, somehow my APN settings got messed up and now that I got data toggle working my messaging app will still not download pictures.
I manually entered AT&T APN information and it still doesn't work.

Any help with this is appreciated.