I thought i lost my phone so i phone mobile provider cancelled my sim and changed the passwords for gmail account, dropbox etc. Suprise, suprise my phone turned up. When i turned it back on i could not access some apps as expect. So i entered the changed password and i have had no problem accessing google drive, dropbox but on the HTC one M7 lock screen im getting a message saying "Login failed" with my gmail email address. When i try to up the details it is failing to link up. So i can't access my gmail emails via the email app but i have no such problem using the gmail app with the same details.
    Any help would be much appreciated
    04-29-2015 07:30 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! Glad you found your phone again--but when you reported the phone lost to the carrier, did they blacklist the phone (which means you can no longer use it for calls)?

Have you tried opening the Email app, removing the Gmail account, and adding it back again? And if you use the Gmail app, any reason why you need it in the stock Email app as well? Why not just remove the Gmail account from Email completely, and stick with Gmail? You could just Disable the whole stock Email app in ​Settings>Apps>All.
    04-29-2015 10:20 PM