I updated my S4 to lollipop the earlier this week and since updating my audio and video playback have been out of sync. I have noticed this in youtube, chrome and the webbrowser with differing players. if you clear the cache on youtube it helps the synnc a little and for a shrt period but really thats all ive been able to find

I have searched online but I have not come across this issue yet, I can't be the only one if I am, I guess a factory reset might be the answer but I would rather wait for that...
    05-01-2015 12:12 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! Try a cache partition wipe, which won't erase any personal data: http://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-5744

Also, go to Settings>Developer Options, and toggle the NuPlayer/AwesomePlayer setting to whatever it wasn't on to begin with. If you don't have Developer Options, go to Settings>About Phone​, and tap Build Number 7 times.
    Welcome to Android Central! Try a cache partition wipe, which won't erase any personal data: http://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-5744

Also, go to Settings>Developer Options, and toggle the NuPlayer/AwesomePlayer setting to whatever it wasn't on to begin with. If you don't have Developer Options, go to Settings>About Phone​, and tap Build Number 7 times.
    05-01-2015 12:54 PM
    ok ill try the wipe thanks the nuplayer didnt really change anything but it is experimental
    05-01-2015 01:00 PM
    Did you see my response?
    05-01-2015 01:02 PM
    yeah I did, it loaded when I posted it! I'm trying them now!

Edit:

so the partition seems to have done it! At least for now, is this a build over time thing and ill have to do it every now and then?
    05-01-2015 01:08 PM
    It's hard to say for sure. It depends on what was causing the issue, which can be very difficult to figure out. If it was a one time thing due to some wacky piece of leftover cached data from the previous OS version, then you should be fine. But if there's some other app that is generating weird stuff on a regular basis, then it might recur. Keep an eye out for it.
    05-01-2015 01:26 PM