Have a new galaxy note 4. With lolly pop 5 just recently uploaded.

I want to see the recent call log first when I hit the phone button. I can not find option or way to make this happen without downloading another phone app. Which seems wrong to have to do that.
    Can not believe this so hard to do. When 90 percent time we call same recent calls.
    Is there a way ?
    05-02-2015 02:52 PM

I want to see the recent call log first when I hit the phone button. I can not find option or way to make this happen without downloading another phone app. Which seems wrong to have to do that.
    Can not believe this so hard to do. When 90 percent time we call same recent calls.
    Is there a way ?
    On every phone I've had, the dialer shows the last tab I was on when I backed out of it. Have you tried backing out from the recent call screen?
    05-02-2015 07:23 PM

Is there a way ?
    You tap the phone icon first which opens the dialer then across the top second choice is "Recent" listing past calls, latest on top.
    I think that's how it's always been!
    05-02-2015 08:04 PM
    I think I tried it correctly. I used to have motorla. And I could.never get the call log tab to be listed as default showing first when I hit the phone button. I did a chat with samsung help and he had me hit dialer. H it called log. Then hit home button. (Maybe that is similar to backing out). But that didn't work not hitting back arrow button to get out. He thought that would work and said I should probably call the carrier. Thinking it may be related to carrier specific code version etc.
    Haven't done that yet. Verizon for me.

.. coming from old school blackberry the only thing I've not liked about the android s is the dialer. The above problem and then being in either the text or phone and not having button to switch to text to phone the other. I think my new note has mm ost of that ironed out. Except I'd like to go to recent calls after hitting phone ...

So still looking for solution or at least to know not possible???????????
    05-03-2015 11:16 AM
    I was wanting it to go to log first. When I hit phone from main screen.
    05-03-2015 11:17 AM
    On every phone I've had, the dialer shows the last tab I was on when I backed out of it. Have you tried backing out from the recent call screen?
    Thanks. I answered without doing quote.
    Not sure the rules.
    05-03-2015 11:20 AM
    Still looking for some knowledge???????
    05-05-2015 11:03 AM