How do I fix battery drain issue?

aweyrich

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
I updated my Tmobile Galaxy Note Edge to Lollipop 5.01 and I'm getting both the battery drain bug (2% drain every 10 mins - wow!) and the overheating issues. Is the only way to fix this is to do a factory default/reset wipe?

I really rather would not because I have a number of customizations that are hard to put back on the phone including some specific ones from work...but if that is the only way to fix it I will do that...someone who has done the factory reset please advise if it truly did fix the battery problem. (Before I do it)

Posted via the Android Central App

Feb 5, 2015
Visit site
Hello

Although I have nexus but you can still try this. Just wait for 5.1 update. Till then , just disable app notifications.You may even remove biggie apps like Facebook , Whatsapp. I would not recommend you to do a factory reset, I don't think factory reset will solve this problem.

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Check in your battery stats which apps are using so much battery. Post your screenshots here and we'll try to help you.

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Sorry for the delay. Morning here :)

You took the screenshot after 2 hours of use and with the 77% of battery left. It's always better to wait until you have around 30% left to get a more accurate picture. Also try to post the general battery stats with the graph and signal bars and the screen on time.

The battery used by android and system could be for different reasons. Update settling down, too much syncing, some problems with the location settings, who knows. Switch your location settings off and see if it makes a difference.

Lots of apps using 1%. Check the syncing settings on them and try to keep them to the minimum that suits your needs.

As said before wipe the cache partition on recovery, no personal data will be lost. Also, clear cache in settings - storage and reboot your phone.

Posted via the Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21