Galaxy S4 charging bugs after Lollipop update, how can I fix this?

A

AC Question

Galaxy S4 charging bugs after Lollipop update

My Verizon Galaxy S4 began having some serious intermittent bugs related to charging after I updated to Lollipop. Occasionally it charges fine, but it usually either refuses to charge at all or rapidly switches between charging and not charging. I've ruled out hardware / cable glitches by checking it with several different chargers and cables, and all exhibit the same issue (including the factory charger). It WILL charge normally if I power the phone completely off and then plug it in. Consistent charging, with no issues, as long as the power is off.

The first issue I noticed was a day or two after the update, when I plugged in my phone, it prompted me to download some Samsung Power Sharing app. I said no, and then my phone wouldn't charge. I replugged it in, and it began working. Later, I got the same prompt, and again I said no. Since then, the charging behavior is intermittent. When it is plugged in and NOT charging, it actually seems to drain the battery faster than normal. The only way I can consistently get it to charge is to power it down.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Iris T

May 12, 2015
Visit site
Re: Galaxy S4 charging bugs afte7r Lollipop update

I'm having the same exact problem. Let me know if you find a way to resolve the issue!

Kevin Sprad

May 13, 2015
Visit site
Re: Galaxy S4 charging bugs after Lollipop update

same problem here, have cleared cache partition and also factory reset, still same issue. at&t says to get it reflashed

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463