was out mt. biking this morning with my phone in a pocket. I had Samsung health & Gps turned on for tracking my progress. After an hour of ridding I heard the sound it makes when powered on, so I stopped to look at it. The message on the screen said it was updating ## of 181 app's? Then it came up to the first time set up screen and asked that i log into my Samsung account. WTH? my 64 gb card (once 58 gb full) is now empty. did I just loose everything? Was this the phones fault or did Verizon initiate something?
    05-09-2015 10:35 AM
    was out mt. biking this morning with my phone in a pocket. I had Samsung health & Gps turned on for tracking my progress. After an hour of ridding I heard the sound it makes when powered on, so I stopped to look at it. The message on the screen said it was updating ## of 181 app's? Then it came up to the first time set up screen and asked that i log into my Samsung account. WTH? my 64 gb card (once 58 gb full) is now empty. did I just loose everything? Was this the phones fault or did Verizon initiate something?
    I don't think Verizon had anything to do with it other than they had the update available. Look for backup in Google, Verizon Cloud, Drop Box, etc.
    And I don't know why, but it sounds like it wiped your SD card!
    Welcome to Lollipop Land!!

Sent from my Galaxy Note 3 "Size Does Matter!"
    05-09-2015 11:49 AM
    So, Verizon is baffled on this and no one I had spoken with in my 4 hours of trying can explain what the hell happened. The only thing they can offer is that while in my pocket, all 9 characters of my alpha numeric password were entered, then setting, then backup and rest, then factory reset and finally authorization to do so. I have found no way to recover my SD card and again no one can explain why it was wiped clean and reformatted. The only thing gained from my efforts is the new found assumption that I may have the most miraculously articulate pe.nis known to humanity.

Thanks for taking the time to chime in Galaxyclass
    Jalopiejoe likes this.
    05-11-2015 08:44 AM