Why can't I download anything after downloading the Lollipop update on my LG G2 :(?

puritimen

May 13, 2015
Visit site
Can't download anything after downloading Lollipop update on my LG G2 :(

Any advice on this would be greatly appreciated, because I am totally at a loss. Immediately after I downloaded the lollipop update, I have been unable to download anything since. I can't update any programs, download any files, absolutely nothing, and I'm worried that if this persists, many if not most of my programs will become unusable. I've tried with data on and with wifi on or off, but nothing seems to change it. I can't find any settings that would seem to have an influence on this. Any ideas?

I've had some other problems as well but this is the most pressing.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: Can't download anything after downloading Lollipop update on my LG G2 :(

Welcome to Android Central! Can you otherwise access the web normally? Try going to Settings>Apps>All​, select Download Manager, and Clear Cache/Clear Data, then Force Stop. Now try again.

epiaxekim

May 14, 2015
Visit site
It is happening to me too. I can't download or update anything since upgrading to Lollipop last night. I cleared the data and cache and force stopped the Download Manager to no avail.

Is there a way to get rid of Lollipop and go back to what I had?

DLK1

Dec 15, 2013
Visit site
It is happening to me too. I can't download or update anything since upgrading to Lollipop last night. I cleared the data and cache and force stopped the Download Manager to no avail.

Is there a way to get rid of Lollipop and go back to what I had?

Rolling back to Kit-Kat from Lollipop would depend on make/model of your device are you running LG G2 also? You may want to try a cache partition wipe from the recovery mode. You will not lose data or apps doing this. However if this does not restore Download Manager then you may have to resort to a factory reset, this will cause data and app loss and you should do a backup of anything that you do not want to lose.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
The problem with the G2 is that, to my knowledge, there is no way for the user to access a Recovery menu in order to wipe the cache. You'd have to install a custom recovery. Unless you know of some other way ...

I'm thinking that the next step may be a factory reset, as mentioned by DLK1.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
knowledge is power