Hello,

I've just purchased a Vodafone Smart Prime 6 running Android 5.0.2, and I want to set a lock screen PIN. Every time I go into the Settings app and attempt to open Security, it looks like the Settings app crashes - iIt just quits immediately after, every single time. I have tried wiping the cache partition via the Recovery Tool (Power + Volume Up key), which made no difference. I then attempted to reset the phone - but I was dubious as to whether this would make a difference considering at this stage the only substantial thing I have done on the phone is log in to my Google account - and that did not work either.

As a last resort I have tried searching for "PIN", "home", "security" and anything else that I can imagine would be in the Security section of Settings, and nothing is returned. It's as if nothing exists in that section of the Settings app.

I'm not really sure what I can do at this point except to return the phone. Is there something I am overlooking that may resolve what otherwise looks like a software issue?

Edit: I've found the following thread on the Vodafone forums confirming the issue. It looks like they are going to be pushing an OTA Software Update next week to resolve the issue. forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Vodafone-Announcements/Smart-prime-6/m-p/2394072

Thanks.
    05-16-2015 03:32 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! Glad you found the answer to your own problem--I hope you get the update soon!
    05-16-2015 10:08 PM