I would just like for someone to explain the wisdom behind disabling a feature that allows you to use your phone to text and answer calls without touching it. This has to be one of the safest features out there for use in your car. Why would this be disabled? The "Handsfree Mode" only tells you who has messaged you. It wont give you an option to read it out like "Car Mode" did.
    05-20-2015 08:07 AM
    I would just like for someone to explain the wisdom behind disabling a feature that allows you to use your phone to text and answer calls without touching it. This has to be one of the safest features out there for use in your car. Why would this be disabled? The "Handsfree Mode" only tells you who has messaged you. It wont give you an option to read it out like "Car Mode" did.
    I spend a lot of time in the car. On my Galaxy Note 3 I do not have a "Car Mode" and I do not use "Handsfree".
    I use "Voice Control" which uses S Voice. When the phone rings you just say "answer" or "reject".
    It doesn't announce the call or ask what you want to do.
    The problem I had with "Handsfree" is it would ask "answer or reject" then would answer itself without me saying anything!

Sent from my Galaxy Note 3 "Size Does Matter!"
    05-20-2015 09:43 AM
    I have a Note 3 and also miss Car Mode a lot! It went away with either a KitKat update or when I got Lollipop. I haven't found another way to get texts read to me.
    05-20-2015 05:10 PM