USB car audio

Noah Armstrong

Apr 15, 2015
Visit site
Hey. I have an alpine cde-w235bt. I have an s5 (obviously) and was wondering if there's a way to use its to play music through the system with USB, or if I have to buy another unit. I heard that there used to be a mass storage function, but was removed. Maybe I am missing something? Any light that can be she'd upon this would be helpful.

jwt873

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site
I don't have a CDE-W235BT, but I took a quick peek at the specs. It says plug in your iPod or USB stick. If it's like my 2012 Hyundai Factory radio, that's ALL the USB port will recognize... an iDevice or USB stick. My Note 4 (and my previous Note 2) were never recognized. My iPad can connect and play music.

What I did was transfer my music library over to a USB stick and I play it from that. It's actually a bit more convenient than hooking up my phone, because there are no wires to trip over and nothing to unplug or plug in when I get in and out of the car.

I notice your radio has Bluetooth.. Have you tried streaming via Bluetooth from the phone to the radio? I can do that with my Hyundai radio. I sometimes use this method when I'm streaming live content from the internet.

Noah Armstrong

Apr 15, 2015
Visit site
I don't have a CDE-W235BT, but I took a quick peek at the specs. It says plug in your iPod or USB stick. If it's like my 2012 Hyundai Factory radio, that's ALL the USB port will recognize... an iDevice or USB stick. My Note 4 (and my previous Note 2) were never recognized. My iPad can connect and play music.

What I did was transfer my music library over to a USB stick and I play it from that. It's actually a bit more convenient than hooking up my phone, because there are no wires to trip over and nothing to unplug or plug in when I get in and out of the car.

I notice your radio has Bluetooth.. Have you tried streaming via Bluetooth from the phone to the radio? I can do that with my Hyundai radio. I sometimes use this method when I'm streaming live content from the internet.

I do, it's just that I like the added ease of use. And when I plug in my s5,it says error device

Kappa9012

May 28, 2015
Visit site
same here with my s6, Samsung said they do not support audio via usb, and that I should use mirrorlink, which isn't supported by automotive oems, so basically tough sh!t.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae