S5 Lollipop 5.0 update ruined my life- NO WiFi calling. How can I fix this?

S5Grrr

May 25, 2015
Visit site
S5 Lollipop 5.0 update ruined my life- NO WiFi calling

That's pretty much it in a nutshell. I did the Lollipop update, and immediately following had no WiFi calling, and still don't to this day. It's been 5 days. I have spoken to T-Mobile whose "engineers are working on it." They told me 72 hours to get back to me and still have not. Of course, I can't get a cell signal here, and no wifi calling, and I've now been told by people calling that my voicemail is cutting them off, of non-op.

This is absolutely outrageous. They had me do a factory restore, and all that succeeded in doing was causing me to lose more than 3 years of text messages since something happened in the Samsung account backup process. I HATE THIS UPDATE WITH A PASSION. Does anybody know how to fix this? Wifi calling is greyed out and says "Enabling" but never connects.

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
Re: S5 Lollipop 5.0 update ruined my life- NO WiFi calling

Remember, 2 of those 3 days were weekend days on a holiday weekend. The engineers probably don't work on weekends, especially for those types of issues.

Posted via Android Central App

S5Grrr

May 25, 2015
Visit site
Re: S5 Lollipop 5.0 update ruined my life- NO WiFi calling

Umm, how does that help me? And, btw, just got done chatting with them online. They closed the ticket, saying that I am already registered for WiFi calling. That's how good they are. They essentially did nothing. So here I sit without a phone. Their suggestion was to pay for VOIP so I could call them.