My phone keeps telling me to update Google Play services?

messagetyper

May 26, 2015
Visit site
I just updated to 5.0 Lollipop and I keep on getting a notification telling me to update Google Play services. When I tap on that notification, I get taken to the Google Play page but no buttons for an update or anything. Every Google app that I have seems to be working fine, I was even able to download an app from the Play Store still, and yet I keep getting that.

How do I get rid of that notif?

Edit: fixed.

Last edited:

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Install Android Wear from the Play Store https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...om.google.android.wearable.app&token=XPLEbelz and run it once. It will immediately update to the latest version of Google Play Services which is actually newer than the version pushed to phones not running Android Wear.

If you plan to buy an Android Wear device soon (like a smartwatch) just leave Android Wear on your phone, otherwise feel free to uninstall it after the Play Services update.

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
I can't uninstall it also! Have you found a solution? I would be gratefull!

Google Play Services can't be uninstalled unless you root your phone, and even so it's not a good idea since many apps/processes depend on it. Are you having any particular problem with Play Services?

c11r15

May 21, 2016
Visit site
as previously said download android wear and open then try and install latest play services and it will work just had same problem

Budi Faizal

Jul 18, 2016
Visit site
I just updated to 5.0 Lollipop and I keep on getting a notification telling me to update Google Play services. When I tap on that notification, I get taken to the Google Play page but no buttons for an update or anything. Every Google app that I have seems to be working fine, I was even able to download an app from the Play Store still, and yet I keep getting that.

How do I get rid of that notif?

Edit: fixed.

I get d same problem like you got. May i know how you fixed it? Please.

freespirit1970

Mar 3, 2017
Visit site
Hi. How did you solve this problem? I have downloaded the specific app I wanted but I get a notification to update Google Play services. When In press update I get a notification that I need to sign in to my google account - but I'm already signed in so what could be the problem?

damonjarvis42

Mar 20, 2017
Visit site
I am having same problem on my phone (android 5.1) but cant disable app to install newer version of googlwe play services. What can I do to stop app asking me to update?