Nexus 4 - Problem with Battery with each Lollipop Update

JORPEDBRA

Apr 22, 2015
Visit site
Ever after Lollipop came out, with each Update my Battery Life decreases astoundingly. 2 days ago there was a new Update.
Like, it's ridiculous. I have to Reset it to fix this.

Anybody else has this problem?, how can I fix it?, I don't want to be resetting this thing with each Update.

anon(5527120)

Mar 10, 2015
Visit site
It's normal for the OS to be laggy and battery to work poorly after an update. I'd suggest performing a factory reset and clearing your phone's dalvik cache

JORPEDBRA

Apr 22, 2015
Visit site
Really?, I didn't know that.
I guess I'll read the specs when a new Firmware is released, and just wait and not Update my phone.

Thanks fella

May 31, 2015
Visit site
I haven't had this issue with my Nexus 4; Lollipop hasn't significantly impacted battery life, if anything, it's improved it, and I haven't done any factory resets on it since I got it. But I don't know, there are a lot of factors that affect battery life, and a factory reset shouldn't be too annoying; anything on your SD card is preserved, and Google Play will automatically reinstall all of your apps.

MsSparkie

Dec 28, 2014
Visit site
The last update effected my battery life. I don't know how to do a factory reset and what changes it would make to my data, apps, photos, etc etc. Sounds scary.

Posted via the Android Central App

MsSparkie

Dec 28, 2014
Visit site
I just watched a youtube video on it. !!!
What about backup and recovery? Can it restore everything?

anon(5527120)

Mar 10, 2015
Visit site
Google will have a list of the apps you have on your phone. Also, link your Google account your phone so that the contacts aren't lost and kept on the Google servers.

MsSparkie

Dec 28, 2014
Visit site
I wonder if Koodo can help me. I know they transfer stuff when you buy a new phone. Well I'll do lots of research, backup music and photos to my pc, etc when I'm ready.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol