I have a new phone with Lollipop - I hate it. How can I downgrade it?

myminpins

Jun 23, 2013
Visit site
I have a new phone with Lollipop - I hate it

I just got a new used phone today and I'm not sure if she screwed it up or it's Lollipop.

I have a Samsung Galaxy S5 with KitKat on it and it works beautifully - just broke the screen.

So I got a new phone and it's been upgraded.

Every time I try to get it working properly again, it bricks on me and I'm left with the Samsung logo and floating crap and nothing will work.

I've just wiped it and factory reset it AGAIN.

I'm getting way too old for this. I've been working on it for 9 hours now and I have to work tomorrow.

Can anyone point me in the right direction to get a CANADIAN Kitkat download and put it on this phone and get rid of Lollipop?

Everything was working fine but the home button stopped working. I tried to clear the cache and it bricked or whatever it's doing.

I honestly don't have the patience to search and search and search to find yet another USA forum that tells me to go here to get my firmware when it's not there.

Can anyone help, please? I'm exhausted and sore and frustrated and just want to get this done. I'm not a novice user. Been using a rooted phone for years. Never had this trouble before.

Thank you so much!!!!!!!!!!

myminpins

Jun 23, 2013
Visit site
Re: I have a new phone with Lollipop - I hate it

Thank you. That's what I'm going to try to do. Hopefully I'm downloading the correct Firmware as I don't know 100% for sure who her service provider was.

myminpins

Jun 23, 2013
Visit site

I assume this ROM works for the Samsung Galaxy S5 even though it's been written for the S3 and S4?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

Which ROM? On the Sammobile site, you should be able to enter your phone's exact model number, and it will give you a list of available firmware ROMs. A ROM for the S3 or S4 won't work on an S5. Find your model number in Settings>About Phone.

myminpins

Jun 23, 2013
Visit site

Problem is, I don't know who the original carrier was for this phone. I tried it and it didn't work - just froze - so now I'm restoring again.

I bought this phone secondhand unlocked so I have no idea if it was Bell or Rogers, etc., and I think you need to know that FOR SURE to do this so I guess I'm giving up for now :(

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site

I just jumped in the thread. Sorry you are having problems with the new OS version. Something else to keep in mind is this: Samsung sometimes codes bootloaders from being rolled back to a prior version of Android. Something else to look into.

At Android Central, we try to help people out with rooting and flashing ROMs, but perhaps you need to check out XDA developers. There might be a thread there that can help.

myminpins

Jun 23, 2013
Visit site

I finally got my phone back to Android 4.4.2 so hopefully now things will be better

ptkelly

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site

Be sure and let us know. Since I haven't read of anyone else having that problem with Lollipop I question your assignment of fault.

myminpins

Jun 23, 2013
Visit site

When I got up the next morning after posting the initial thread, the phone was on 4.4.2 and it was working fine. I believe possibly working with the phone when the battery was super low (less than 20%) affected it. I don't know for sure. I do know now it's working fine but I have a battery issue that I've posted in another thread.

My theory is not to do too much with a phone when the battery is THAT low. Stop what you're doing, charge the phone and start again.

When I went to bed, it was bricked and just a mess. When I got up, it worked fine, it was fully charged, 4.4.2 was on it and I just put it down to electronics and a very low battery and that was all I could think of.

So far, it's working fine but for the battery issue, which is here:http://forums.androidcentral.com/samsung-galaxy-s5/538177-kitkat-battery-use-issues-after-downgrading-lollipop.html#post4478937 .

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1