[Kindly read before replying]

I use an ASUS tablet which used to run on android 4.4.2 and is only 2 months old.

Few days ago, Asus auto updated my tablet to lollipop 5.01 and immediately I saw an impact on my battery usage and my free system RAM.

Before 5.01, I could go for 2 days [48 hours] on a single charge on moderate usage [mail, firefox, chat, PDF].

The RAM would stay at about 350 MB free [I have 1GB RAM]

Now, after the update, the battery drains like it has a hole at the bottom. It drains out within 12 hours!

RAM sits at 150MB and I have to constantly press the BOOST button to free up my RAM or the tablet becomes laggy.

I did 2 or 3 factory resets and clear cache from droid boot. Nothing happened.

I am very frustrated as this is hampering my daily work since battery doesn't lasts till I get home from work or even dies at work.

I tried several times to go back to android 4.4.2 [downloaded the image from ASUS website] and did a system recovery but it failed.

I would appreciate it if anyone could kindly lend some helpful assistance or even better, a solution to this problem.

I would like to :
    1. Either keep lollipop and get rid of the appauling battery drainage and RAM issue, which is unlikely as it seems to be a universal proble.

2. Go back to kitkat 4.4.2 and would like to know how to do that successfully.[preferred]

Asus Tablet Model:
    ASUS Fonepad 7 FE375CG K019
    RAM: 1GB
    ROM: 8GB
    06-08-2015 05:03 AM
    More than likely you have the WiFI problem that has plagued 5.0.1 along with the RAM issue. It is all fixed in 5.1 but I am not sure when your tablet would receive that update.

Going back may be a little trickier, you will need to unlock your bootloader, install a custom recovery, and then find a stock image that is in ZIP format for flashing.
    06-11-2015 09:07 AM