Does 5.1.1 fix the ram problem ?

Alex Wetzel

Jul 10, 2014
Visit site
Mine is fine. The multitasking is a bit annoying after a few apps, but that's the case on every phone running Lollipop because of the memory leak

Sent from my Note 4 via Tapatalk

Same here. But I feel that it affects the overall speed of the phone.

Mihai-Paul Dobra

Jul 15, 2015
Visit site
Anybody with 5.1.1 can they confirm if it fixed the ram/memory issue? I have the s6 edge and I will close all apps and the minute I start playing jurassic world my ram is over 90% in red zone and I'm looking forward to 5.1.1 this month or next month.

No, 5.1.1 not rezolve this problem ! Unfortnely, now my s6 edge eat much more now !!! And I observe another problem....when I closed all aplication ....for 7-8 second all icons from desktop disappear....and after re-appear when I change screen to my next page from desktop , all icons move windind !!!

Nicholas Audy

Apr 22, 2015
Visit site
My OPO Ram is usually full because of no reason..... 3 GB filled with things that i don't even know.... After 5.1.1 it seems that my ram only used 800 MB when not used at all/ after cleaning RAM.... Guess it's fixed for me!

Posted via the Android Central App

Grudkin

Mar 18, 2015
Visit site
In a nutshell, NO!
I will never recommend Android to anyone, in fact I will recommend that anyone avoid buying anything running android!

Abdul-B

Mar 6, 2015
Visit site
In a nutshell, NO!
I will never recommend Android to anyone, in fact I will recommend that anyone avoid buying anything running android!

It is even worse on ios which makes old devices painfully slower to use after an upgrade.

Rajatdt

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
even after the update, my device is still suffering from the ram problem. The system is eating up all the memory and as a result the apps shut down themselves and the device becomes awfully slow. I dont know if their is any update coming in the future or if I am still stuck with this problem.

jaleelhamid

Apr 24, 2014
Visit site
At least iOS devices aren't automatically abandoned after 1 generation.

Wrong lots of a droid devices are still supported the manufacturers stop supporting them not a Android for example Google's nexus devices the nexus 5 which is 2 year old generation device is still getting the news updates

Andu Abril

Jan 6, 2017
Visit site
Not sure if it's because of the RAM leak but my phone has android 5.1.1 and it keeps on locking itself continuously. Sometimes it takes some minutes for the lockscreen to reappear, just suddenly leaving whatever app I'm using running on the background and showing just an empty desktop. If I move apps to the SD card it gets even worse. It can get locked up to once every five minutes.
It's annoying AF.