I originally was excited to get the Lollipop update to my HTC One M7. Then, after updating it a few weeks ago, my phone took a noticeable plunge in performance. I went as far as clearing all the cache at the bootup, but didn't go as far as a reset. Still didn't seem to get back to where it was on Kitkat at first. Then, over the course of a few days, it seemed to be picking up again and I was fairly satisfied.

Now, as of the past few days, things seem to have taken a step backwards again. For some reason things are just running slowly again. I don't use my phone for much. Mainly web surfing, email app, occasional facebook app, and fantasy baseball app. No gaming. Things just run slowly. The status bar will get partly across while loading a webpage, and then stop and take a considerable amount of time to finish loading. Pictures and videos on facebook posts also take much longer than just last week after Lollipop seemed to be running well. My fantasy baseball app takes longer to load.

Not sure of why I'm getting sketchy performance, but I really wish I would have stayed with Kitkat, as things seemed much better. Curious if anyone has experienced performance picking up gradually and then sliding back over the course of a few weeks, but it's frustrating to say the least.
    PeteNote3 likes this.
    06-19-2015 02:22 PM
    Sorry to see that it is running slower on the older devices. I can say on the newer ones it is fine -- But maybe perhaps HTC should have held off on updating the M7 with Lollipop.
    06-19-2015 02:27 PM
    I originally was excited to get the Lollipop update to my HTC One M7. Then, after updating it a few weeks ago, my phone took a noticeable plunge in performance. I went as far as clearing all the cache at the bootup, but didn't go as far as a reset. Still didn't seem to get back to where it was on Kitkat at first. Then, over the course of a few days, it seemed to be picking up again and I was fairly satisfied.

Now, as of the past few days, things seem to have taken a step backwards again. For some reason things are just running slowly again. I don't use my phone for much. Mainly web surfing, email app, occasional facebook app, and fantasy baseball app. No gaming. Things just run slowly. The status bar will get partly across while loading a webpage, and then stop and take a considerable amount of time to finish loading. Pictures and videos on facebook posts also take much longer than just last week after Lollipop seemed to be running well. My fantasy baseball app takes longer to load.

Not sure of why I'm getting sketchy performance, but I really wish I would have stayed with Kitkat, as things seemed much better. Curious if anyone has experienced performance picking up gradually and then sliding back over the course of a few weeks, but it's frustrating to say the least.
    I am pretty sure that a factory reset would fix all the issues you are having. The update was a major change to the OS and simply upgrading to it is not a great option in my opinion. As soon as my Note 4 got the update to Lollipop I did a factory reset to avoid any kind of issues that comes with updating.
    06-19-2015 02:36 PM
    I know it's a small thing, but one of the only reason I've held off on a factory reset is because of a shopping list app I have on it. I have manually entered tons of info to the app and the free version doesn't have any cloud storage, unless I pay for the proversion. If it keeps behaving laggy, I'll bite the bullet and get the paid version of that app and do a reset. Just a little unfortunate because even though the M7 is old by today's standards, I've been really happy with it.
    06-19-2015 02:59 PM
    I know it's a small thing, but one of the only reason I've held off on a factory reset is because of a shopping list app I have on it. I have manually entered tons of info to the app and the free version doesn't have any cloud storage, unless I pay for the proversion. If it keeps behaving laggy, I'll bite the bullet and get the paid version of that app and do a reset. Just a little unfortunate because even though the M7 is old by today's standards, I've been really happy with it.
    Yeah that sucks, well good lock either way.
    06-19-2015 05:05 PM
    If the app is so important to you, you might want to consider upgrading. After all, you're only a crash away from loosing everything anyway. Otherwise, you might consider a backup app.

Charlene
    06-21-2015 06:04 PM
    Well, I got the pro version of my app to save data and did a factory reset. I'm not all that pleased. Web pages take up to 50 seconds to load while on my house WiFi. If I go to GooglePlay and view My Apps, it will take at least 30 seconds before the icons of the apps get populated. I opened facebook and it took forever for posts that had photos to display the pics, just a spinning wheel. It's as if something is just slowing my phone down. Man, I wish I never would have upgraded to Lollipop. Things just seemed so much faster on Kitkat.
    06-22-2015 12:58 PM
    Discovered something interesting while out and about: searching on internet using my phone's data connection was super speedy. Now I'm wondering if for some reason after updating to Lollipop, my phone is lagging while using Wi-Fi? Has anyone experienced this, and/or any suggestions to get my speed back while using WiF? Thanks
    06-22-2015 03:23 PM