Ever since my Galaxy Note 3 got the 5.0 Lollipop upgrade my notification bar is displaying both the wifi connection symbol and the 4G LTE symbols at the same time. It happens on and off daily and I am afraid that I may be using up data when playing youtube videos on my phone when home or when I'm downloading podcasts . I am with AT&T and have a 2GB data plan which if I am not careful with I can go over . Is anyone else having this problem?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk
    06-20-2015 02:18 AM
    Ever since my Galaxy Note 3 got the 5.0 Lollipop upgrade my notification bar is displaying both the wifi connection symbol and the 4G LTE symbols at the same time. It happens on and off daily and I am afraid that I may be using up data when playing youtube videos on my phone when home or when I'm downloading podcasts . I am with AT&T and have a 2GB data plan which if I am not careful with I can go over . Is anyone else having this problem?

Welcome to Android Central!

I have that happen on my Note 4 sometimes. Did you do a factory reset of your phone after the update? Most people have a ton of issues after the update and usually have to do a factory reset to fix the issues.
    06-22-2015 02:22 PM
    No I did not. I have over 100 contacts saved for business and I'd hate to lose them.

06-22-2015 02:25 PM
    This is normal on AT&T and Verizon now. As long as you see the wifi symbol it won't use your data. It will only use the data connection when sending / receiving MMS messages.
    06-22-2015 04:58 PM
    I wonder why it does this. Like what's the purpose?

06-22-2015 05:14 PM
    I wonder why it does this. Like what's the purpose?

If I had to take a guess ... They do it so people can see their actual signal. Such as back in the day when sending a picture message to someone they would wonder why it isn't working --- The customer thinks their wifi is broken but it isn't. They don't realize it is using the mobile data in the background and if you are on something like "2g" or "Edge" it may not send properly. Also I would guess it has to do with VoLTE at some point in the future since calls will all go through that... Mind you that won't be for a long time but it is coming .
    PeteNote3 likes this.
    06-22-2015 05:18 PM