Why does my Bluetooth headset no longer work after the Lollipop upgrade?

A

AC Question

Why does my bluetooth headset no longer work after lollipop upgrade

I have a blurparrott b250 XT headset. Before the lollipop upgrade it worked beautifully. After the upgrade it does not function effectively. I tried other headsets and have the same problem. I have galaxy note 4.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: Why does my bluetooth headset no longer work after lollipop upgrade

Welcome to Android Central! Are you even able to pair the devices? How about other Bluetooth devices like speakers?

srfinva

Aug 8, 2014
Visit site
Re: Why does my bluetooth headset no longer work after lollipop upgrade

I have a blurparrott b250 XT headset. Before the lollipop upgrade it worked beautifully. After the upgrade it does not function effectively. I tried other headsets and have the same problem. I have galaxy note 4.

I don't have an answer for you, but I would really like to hear one. I've tried 3 bluetooth headsets (Plantronics Voyager Legend, Plantronics Voyager Edge, and Samsung (!) EO-MN910) with my Galaxy Note 4. None of them work reliably. The Edge is the worst, and the Samsung is the best. All drop connections and/or experience breakup of the sound. When I use the Edge the party I'm calling can barely hear my voice.

I can't compare the performance to KitKat. I bought my phone on 8 June 2015, and the Lollipop 5.0.1 update got installed as part of the initial device setup. I even tried exchanging my phone for another Galaxy Note 4. The improvement was negligible. I use bluetooth alot (or used to), it doesn't work for me, and I'm stuck with this phone for the remainder of a 2-year contract. I'm not recommending this phone to anyone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Junkie XL