I upgraded my Samsung A3 OS to Lollipop and post upgrade, the mobile data has stopped working. I have the mobile data toggle on the shortcuts but when I enable it, I do not see the send/receive icon of the mobile data and also my internet doesn't work. The WiFi works just find though.

I tried changing and modifying and adding APN as a lot of posts suggested however, that did not solve the problem.

Any ideas or suggestions?

- D
    06-21-2015 12:37 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! Go to Settings>Data Usage, and tap Menu. Is there a mobile data option there, and is it turned on? I'm wondering if maybe it's the quick toggle itself that isn't working.

Also, have you asked your carrier about this?
    06-21-2015 08:50 AM
    I have the same problem. The network provider could not solve the problem even with the APN settings re-entered correctly, restarting the phone, taking the sim card out and reinserting. Turning mobile data on and off, nothing works.
    My A3 is the dual sim version but even after assigning the correct sim card, the mobile data still does not connect.

*** EDIT *** I finally got it to work by playing around with the settings myself - it started working when I removed the authentication type they said to use (PAP) and changed it to None.
    06-23-2015 12:10 AM
    I have the same problem. The network provider could not solve the problem even with the APN settings re-entered correctly, restarting the phone, taking the sim card out and reinserting. Turning mobile data on and off, nothing works.
    My A3 is the dual sim version but even after assigning the correct sim card, the mobile data still does not connect.

*** EDIT *** I finally got it to work by playing around with the settings myself - it started working when I removed the authentication type they said to use (PAP) and changed it to None.
    I had the same problem with my A3 I tried everything. It worked for a day only after a reset. But after changing the authentication type it is working fine now THANKS to 2iabml 👍🌹
    06-28-2015 01:14 AM
    Please help me guys as i had ended in same after upgrade my data is not working . step by step settings procedures will be a great help.

Thanks
    Mario
    07-07-2015 11:17 PM
    how did you change the authentication type?
    Thanks!
    07-13-2015 01:32 PM
    How did the rest of you solve this problem? I doubt that you (still) use your phones without mobile data (thread started in June, now it's October). I think I am in the same situation (dual sim, Lollipop upgrade), except it's A5 model. Unfortunately, changing authentication type did not help.
    10-04-2015 03:20 PM
    you just need to go to settings > SIM card manager > Data service network > pick yourworking SIM card
    10-05-2015 12:13 AM
    happened to me as well, you need to go to settings > SIM card manager > Data service network > pick your working SIM card
    10-05-2015 12:14 AM
    happened to me as well, you need to go to settings > SIM card manager > Data service network > pick your working SIM card.
    10-05-2015 12:16 AM
    IT'S WORKS
    Thanks Kgbril
    somehow it's gone manual
    10-05-2015 04:29 AM
    Yeah, that solution solved my problem. Thank you, Kgebril.

It seems to me that quite a few people got confused by this situation after the update.
    10-07-2015 03:58 PM
    hi,
    i have A3 mobile a300yz, but it did not have sim card manager in my setting. my OS is 5.0,
    so i can't use dual sim in it. have any one solution to use dual sim in it. i can use just 1 sim at a time, to putt in sim slot 1 or sim slot 2. both is not running same the time.
    03-24-2016 07:09 AM
    I am using A7- same issue resolved by settings > SIM card manager > Data service network->select SIM
    Thank you
    04-10-2016 02:52 AM
    I had the same issue with Galaxy A7. First I downgraded to Kitkat thinking that it is a bug. But later realised that the data connection is disbled by default in Lollipop and we need to select it for a SIM. If you are a non techie like me and unable to resolve it yet then there is a well written tutorial which I found using google. I am not sure whether I can post a link, but if possible then check it below.
    How To Resolve No Data/Internet Connection After Lollipop Update On Galaxy Smartphone | Tutorials
    05-16-2016 10:56 AM
    FIX: for me the followng worked to ge my mobile data coming in again. I went to Settings->More networks->mobile networks->Access Point Names

Then I had to find my carriers APN settings from the carrier's website OR from a friends phone and enter them all in manually. Then select the new APN to use it.
    06-12-2016 06:11 PM
    thank you veeeery much
    i have hade this problem for mor than 3 month and i hade no time to solve it
    now with your suggestion my mbile data has work again
    thank you all
    07-14-2016 04:23 AM
    I just register to say thank you
    Thank you very much
    10-15-2016 12:06 AM