Hi, apologies if this is a repeat thread (I couldn't find anything when searching).

I recently installed the Lollipop 5.0 update on my Galaxy S5, I was recording some video the other night. When recording the first of many videos, when I hit stop the default camera app froze but the video still saved. I took some photos after this which all turned out fine as well.

However I recorded about 5 minutes worth of video later on, the app froze again but I managed to close it. When I tried to find the video I recorded it's not listed at all in the video browser, I recorded a third very short video after this and it works fine. Then the last video I recorded is also missing! (around 3-4 minutes of video). When recording everything seemed normal, I had the used/available storage count on the top left corner.

I save all my videos and photos to a 32GB SD card, which has plenty of room available. I had a look in the DCIM folder and I was able to find a file with a ".tmp" extension... I am assuming that this is the video but there is no way to open it at all.

Using the storage browser in settings, I have 13.12GB of free space on my SD card, and 4.25GB of internal space left.

Is there any way that I might be able to salvage this video that went missing? I'm hoping that there is a simple way to get these back.
    06-21-2015 06:05 PM
    Hi, apologies if this is a repeat thread (I couldn't find anything when searching).

I recently installed the Lollipop 5.0 update on my Galaxy S5, I was recording some video the other night. When recording the first of many videos, when I hit stop the default camera app froze but the video still saved. I took some photos after this which all turned out fine as well.

However I recorded about 5 minutes worth of video later on, the app froze again but I managed to close it. When I tried to find the video I recorded it's not listed at all in the video browser, I recorded a third very short video after this and it works fine. Then the last video I recorded is also missing! (around 3-4 minutes of video). When recording everything seemed normal, I had the used/available storage count on the top left corner.

I save all my videos and photos to a 32GB SD card, which has plenty of room available. I had a look in the DCIM folder and I was able to find a file with a ".tmp" extension... I am assuming that this is the video but there is no way to open it at all.

Using the storage browser in settings, I have 13.12GB of free space on my SD card, and 4.25GB of internal space left.

Is there any way that I might be able to salvage this video that went missing? I'm hoping that there is a simple way to get these back.
    Welcome to Android Central!

I am not sure if you can save the video, it may have become corrupted when the app crashed. I would definitely recommend doing a factory reset of your phone so that you can avoid this from happening in the future. The Lollipop update has caused a lot of issues for a lot of devices. Most issues are resolved after a factory reset. I know it sounds extreme but I can tell you that it has helped in a lot of situations. Make sure to back up your data if it is not already backed up to your Gmail.
    06-24-2015 07:48 AM