Just bought a new Bluetooth mouse to use with my Nexus 7. It won't pair up.

It will pair with my iMac with OS X 10.85 Mountain Lion. And the Nexus is seen by the Imac, but I expected that as I have a Bluetooth keyboard that works with the tablet.

Does anyone know of any issues before I attempt to return the mouse?

Thanks.
    06-26-2015 01:06 PM
    Just bought a new Bluetooth mouse to use with my Nexus 7. It won't pair up.

It will pair with my iMac with OS X 10.85 Mountain Lion. And the Nexus is seen by the Imac, but I expected that as I have a Bluetooth keyboard that works with the tablet.

Does anyone know of any issues before I attempt to return the mouse?

Thanks.
    Is the mouse Bluetooth 4.0 or something like that? I would think it would be backward compatible with older versions but maybe that could be the issue?
    06-30-2015 07:20 AM
    Is the mouse Bluetooth 4.0 or something like that? I would think it would be backward compatible with older versions but maybe that could be the issue?
    The mouse is advertised as compatible with Android tablets 3.1+. It has to be 5.1.1, once you throw in a couple "Stupid Me" moments.

I have another Bluetooth mouse I bought in 2008 to use with my HTC Mogul cell phone. It was working with the Nexus but then quit. Erroneously, I
    "assumed" it died, and bought a new one, and it didn't work. Exactly which came first, Lollipop of some flavor or my assumption, I simply have no idea. This was one "Stupid Me" moment.

The other "Stupid Me" moment was forgetting my iMac has Bluetooth. I could/should have checked the old mouse using the Mac. I checked the old mouse, and it worked. As did the new mouse. The iMac even saw the Nexus, although I didn't try to pair it up. Have no need for that as I have the Nexus, iMac, and 3 Windows computers all on the home network.

It occurred to me while writing this message, an issue with the file manager software I'm having in connecting to the Nexus may be a Lollipop issue also. It's something I'll have to check out.

I think I'm going to go back to 4.4(?) as my next major step in solving the problem. That will have to wait a bit before I can get to it.
    06-30-2015 10:01 AM
    The update seems to be causing a lot of issues with a lot of devices. When you updated did you do an update or did you just wipe the Nexus 7 and start over? Could be a factory reset fixes the issue.
    06-30-2015 11:41 AM
    The update seems to be causing a lot of issues with a lot of devices. When you updated did you do an update or did you just wipe the Nexus 7 and start over? Could be a factory reset fixes the issue.
    I did an update, not Android literate enough yet to do a wipe and install. As the nuclear/alien movies might say, "Confidence is high" that a factory reset will solve the problem. But if the factory reset takes me all the way back to the way it was when I walked out of the store with it, that far back I don't want to do. I found a site talking about downloading different versions, but haven't read it with any comprehension as of yet.
    06-30-2015 10:23 PM
    I did an update, not Android literate enough yet to do a wipe and install. As the nuclear/alien movies might say, "Confidence is high" that a factory reset will solve the problem. But if the factory reset takes me all the way back to the way it was when I walked out of the store with it, that far back I don't want to do. I found a site talking about downloading different versions, but haven't read it with any comprehension as of yet.
    Well if you do a factory reset and you have everything backed up to Google. Your apps you have installed now should download and reinstall once you log back in. You might lose some game progress on certain games that done sync with Google Play Games.
    07-01-2015 06:32 AM