Since the latest Lollipop update I notice sudden rapid battery drain. The night before my battery only drained 2% overnight. Then suddenly in the afternoon in 4 hours it drained 7% doing nothing except updating a few apps. Reboot. Shows a big battery gap but after a few hours battery only drains 1%. Do a useless Parition Cache Wipe and my battery goes down 8% in 4 hours overnight doing nothing. Well I just rebooted again and I saw a big battery gap.

I notice the only reboot that works is if I hold down the power button until the device reboots. If I power it down and reboot then I get massive battery drain. I never had this problem since the latest update and actually rebooting and doing a Parition Cache Wipe actually improved battery life.

I am getting sick of this sudden crappy battery drain and I am thinking about going back to iOS.
    Attached Thumbnails Battery life worse after reboot.-screenshot_2015-07-16-07-34-57.jpg  
    07-16-2015 06:44 AM
    Since the latest Lollipop update I notice sudden rapid battery drain. The night before my battery only drained 2% overnight. Then suddenly in the afternoon in 4 hours it drained 7% doing nothing except updating a few apps. Reboot. Shows a big battery gap but after a few hours battery only drains 1%. Do a useless Parition Cache Wipe and my battery goes down 8% in 4 hours overnight doing nothing. Well I just rebooted again and I saw a big battery gap.

I notice the only reboot that works is if I hold down the power button until the device reboots. If I power it down and reboot then I get massive battery drain. I never had this problem since the latest update and actually rebooting and doing a Parition Cache Wipe actually improved battery life.

I am getting sick of this sudden crappy battery drain and I am thinking about going back to iOS.
    i bet you have a rogue app or setting installed.

i suffer no hardships doing this -

Battery Tips for Android

1. Toggle off High Accuracy GPS Mode, Bluetooth, NFC,
    Hotspot/Tethering. Toggle on only as needed. (Set GPS Mode to "Battery
    Saving" Mode).
    2. Display Brightness - Turn off Auto Brightness and Reduce Setting
    Bar to Minimum Acceptable to you.
    3. Sign out of any unused Google Services like G+, Google Now, Hangouts, etc.
    4. Disable Location Reporting and Location History.
    5. Beware of constantly syncing in background Apps and Bloatware like
    Facebook, Twitter, Weather Channel, Games, Google News/Weather,
    Non-Push Email, etc. Set Sync interval for every 1 hour or more and
    change settings to stop the syncing of data you don't need. Delete
    their Apps and use their Web Page if acceptable.
    6. Turn Off Hot Word "Hotword Detection" Always Listening Mode in
    Google Search if you don't use it.
    7. Turn Off Auto Camera/Photo Upload or at least set it for Upload on WIFI Only.
    8. Turn Off Vibrate on Touch for Display, Keyboard, etc.
    9. Turn Off Touch Sounds and Unlock Sounds.
    10. Turn Off Ambient Display/Active Display Notifications if you don't need it.
    11. Don't use a Live Wallpaper. Use a dark wallpaper if possible.
    12. Set Display Sleep Setting to 2 Minutes or Less.
    13. WIFI Settings - Advanced -
    a. Network Notification - Set as OFF.
    b. Scanning Always Available - Set as OFF.
    c. Keep WIFI on during Sleep - Set as ALWAYS if you regularly use
    WIFI. OK to keep WIFI on if you regularly use it.
    14. Turn Off Always Vibrate in Gmail/Email.
    15. Be careful of using too many Live Widgets and what/how often they sync.
    16. Set MS Exchange Sync at 30 Days or Less if you use it.
    17. Do NOT use a Task Killer App or Battery Saver App.
    18. Uninstall ALL Apps that you never use. If you haven't used an
    App in one month, uninstall it.
    19. Reboot your phone at least once a month.
    20. Wipe Cache Partition at least once a quarter or after every OS Update.
    21. Consider a Factory Data Reset with a manual re-sync, manual
    reinstall of all data and Apps after every major OS Letter Update.
    Make sure that all of your data is first backed up to Google and
    Dropbox, etc.

"I SUFFER NO HARDSHIPS DOING THIS" - this means that i personally am
    giving up NOTHING with these tips. i'm not giving up any features.
    there are no tradeoffs for me. a tradeoff or a hardship would be to
    turn off PUSH email or use AIRPLANE mode during the day etc.

you have to find your own balance and the tips list is a start but you
    must come to your own conclusion as to what's important. it's personal
    preference but these are not a big deal to me at all as they do not
    affect the function or operation of my phone. these tips do not
    deteriorate my experience.

you don't HAVE TO do anything. the point is you if you want to
    MAXIMIZE battery life you can turn things off that you aren't using.
    it only makes sense. there is a FINITE amount of juice in ANY
    battery. you choose how you want to spend that juice. by default most
    of these devices have every feature set as ON whether you use them or
    not. i prefer to change the settings in my phone to only use those
    features that i personally use and need so i can maximize battery
    life. i don't leave all the lights and TVs on in my house 24/7 - i
    turn them on when i need them. i'm not giving anything up. my phone
    does everything exactly like i want it to. i'm not missing out on
    anything. it's no hardship for me. it's life. life is a delicate
    balance. it's up to you to find that balance.

5-20-15
    07-16-2015 06:48 AM
    I did a factory reset.
    I don't have Facebook installed.
    I have battery mode set to Battery Saving but I even tried turning Location service off and it did not make a difference.
    I disabled Okay Google.
    I disabled Google+ app and the Fit app which syncing is disabled.
    I disabled most syncing from Google.
    My brightness is set to 9%.
    Network Notification already off.
    Scanning Always Available already off.
    I actually uninstalled a bunch of apps even Outlook.
    07-16-2015 06:57 AM
    =tonyr6;4556576]I did a factory reset.
    I don't have Facebook installed.
    I have battery mode set to Battery Saving but I even tried turning Location service off and it did not
    make a difference.
    I am in the same boat *** you are and yes, I did all the things that are listed above. My battery is draining while I am online at home with only Chrome running looking at CNN!! I posted this to the Nexus 7 forum today:

HELP!!! Bear with me here... I NEVER been on a website on my Nexus 7 that drains... ie. FaceCrap or a messenger app, etc. until a few weeks ago, for the first time, I logged into Hangouts to chat with someone and a site I am on where I went into their chat area. Never did that before. I knew that would drain the battery a bit. Fine.

After that, I noticed my battery draining. I decided to retstore the tablet to factory settings and upon reinstalling it tacked on 5.1.1 I went back into the site chat a few times and did not notice a huge drain. Then it started, and since then I did not go back to that site... my battery is draining when I am on WIFI at home and it is plugged in!!! When I am on Kindle and the WIFI is off, the battery remains stable if it is at 100%... and also stable when it is lower that 100% never increasing to get to full charge.

I cleared history, cache, running apps, apps in cached processes. I seriously only use my tablet for Kindle, news sites and Twitter. Bluetooth is always off as well as location. I do not leave the WIFI on when I am not in Chrome. I do not have an HD moving screen or even a clock or other running app on my front screen.

I bet I am leaving something out that someone will ask me about.

With all that mentioned, I was thinking of restoring it again. But still, WTF? There are so many people who use draining things on their tablet & I can see where they would have the problem I am having. I should also mention that it takes an over an hour to charge the battery from 80% to full, with WIFI shut off and not using it.

I have never abused the battery or let it ever run down. I believe the lowest I have ever seen it run down was once at 18%. I do not let it run down lower than 30%. I am more than willing to restore it again, I do not have anything stored on it where it would be a pain to do so.
    07-16-2015 12:28 PM
    Case in point. I deleted apps I added on, all of 6! Plugged in, staying at 100%.

I went into that website where I can chat. I didn't even go in chat and the battery dropped to 99%... still plugged in. I got out of the site, deleted my browsing history and right now, the battery is still dropping!!! Now it is at 97%, plugged in, deliberately left WIFI on and not in ANYTHING.

In a case like this, would anyone here recommend I restore it again and definitely NOT go into that site?
    07-16-2015 04:22 PM
    Case in point. I deleted apps I added on, all of 6! Plugged in, staying at 100%.

I went into that website where I can chat. I didn't even go in chat and the battery dropped to 99%... still plugged in. I got out of the site, deleted my browsing history and right now, the battery is still dropping!!! Now it is at 97%, plugged in, deliberately left WIFI on and not in ANYTHING.

In a case like this, would anyone here recommend I restore it again and definitely NOT go into that site?
    devices have technology to stop charging at 100% so you will see them drop to 98-99% even when plugged in in order to avoid damage to the device.
    07-16-2015 05:30 PM
    devices have technology to stop charging at 100% so you will see them drop to 98-99% even when plugged in in order to avoid damage to the device.
    Thank you, yes, I am aware of that BUT it continues to drop. After I posted that, it continued to drop to 94% without me using it... it was just plugged in, WIFI was turned off, nothing running, not even in the background. Something is wrong and I am not sure anyone can really answer this. The only thing I can possibly think of is to do a restore.
    07-16-2015 07:12 PM
    Thank you, yes, I am aware of that BUT it continues to drop. After I posted that, it continued to drop to 94% without me using it... it was just plugged in, WIFI was turned off, nothing running, not even in the background. Something is wrong and I am not sure anyone can really answer this. The only thing I can possibly think of is to do a restore.
    did you wipe cache PARTITION? i would do that in addition to trying my tips above. if all else fails i would do factory reset - back up your data first.

good luck.
    07-16-2015 08:21 PM
    did you wipe cache PARTITION? i would do that in addition to trying my tips above. if all else fails i would do factory reset - back up your data first.

good luck.
    Thank you. Yes, I did and yes, I know... something I suspected I was going to have to do again all the while it may not make a difference, but giving it a go anyway.
    07-17-2015 04:58 AM
    WOW! To the OP this may give you a clue.

I just restored my Nexus 7. I deliberately put in a gmail address I did not use with this tablet. I turned the WIFI off, so mind you, I did not do any updates. It was nice to see the 'setting' area so empty o one screen

When I started the restore I was at 94%, as I left off from last night. I thought I plugged it in, I did not, so the % went down to 86% when the restore was finished.

I plugged it in, it automatically dropped to 85% when plugging in... WHY?!? SO annoying! I then continued to leave the WIFI off while I went into settings to turn off unnecessary things BUT what I did notice when I went into tablet info, it rebooted to 5.1.1... Just on restore alone. No updating.

I took a look at the battery... IT DROPPED DOWN TO 84%! I clicked the screen off, mind you, plugged in, WIFI off, no updates. And just now after typing all of this I checked the battery, IT IS AT 83%!

Obviously something is wrong with the battery. It should not be dropping while plugged in, with the bare minimum, NO updates... except the 5.1.1 that it automatically adjusted to on restore.

*SIGH*
    07-17-2015 05:53 AM
    AGAIN!!! I just updated 21 apps, started at 90% which quickly dropped to 89% as soon as I put on WIFI, took about an hour and battery dropped to 75% ... PLUGGED IN. it is now at 74% plugged in & the WIFI on.

Also, yesterday at 92% plugged in and charging it told me it would be 1 HOUR & 17 MINUTES until fully charged. WTF?

After so many complaints after Lollipop, WHY don't they do a fix!!??!!
    07-18-2015 03:17 PM