Embrace Google services or NOT!

berryabusr88

May 5, 2014
Visit site
Hello all,
I have a Galaxy Note 4 running 5.0.1. I have a quick question. How does everyone set there's up? Do you embrace Google services like keep,photos,hangouts,chrome and the like? Or do you try to rid your phone of as much Google junk as possible. I'm finding that I love Google services but don't like the data mining. What's your take?

Posted via the Android Central App

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I use Google services more often than not. As for the data mining, I don't really care. Reason is this: someone somewhere has information on me already, probably starting with any credit card I have owned. So the fact that Google does it is nothing new.

berryabusr88

May 5, 2014
Visit site
That was kinda my feeling as well. If someone wants to know they will find out somehow someway. Thanks for your input!

Posted via the Android Central App

leebut

Jun 27, 2015
Visit site
Google Sevrices is used internally by apps as well. I found out that after buying an S6 here in China. The phones do not have any Google apps or services installed, and finding security apps that don't use Google services for locating phones has been challenging. On that basis , I suspect phones equipped with Google services might be using them more than owners realise.

However, I am somewhat happy not to be giving Google information to profit from.

acewiza

Jul 11, 2015
Visit site
I've always tried to be a "best-of-breed" type when selecting products and services, and at this point I believe Google has my pick for some things they provide which I elect to use. It's not an all-or-nothing proposition either when it comes to the "Google topic.". Some of their stuff is great, others, not so much. At the end of the day, in terms of value proposition, Google gets a big thumbs up from me.