Hi internet,

I have got an American Samsung galaxy s5 AT&T and I am using it in UK. Unfortunately I didn't get any update for Android lollipop so far. It says no update is available even if I check it for updates. It goes to AT&T software update instead of android update which doesn't obviously work with another carrier in UK.

I have tried to manually downloading lollipop and installing it via memory card but it doesn't seem to work either. The process does start but after the first restart it just restarts android kit kat instead of completing the lollipop installation.

Can someone help me out to update my phone? I really want to get lollipop as people with cheap phones annoy me with showing lollipop on their phones

I would really appreciate if you can help me out and give me some step to step instructions to cheat AT&T layer of android and update it to lollipop.

Thank you very much in advance.

Kind Regards,
    Ifti

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
    07-23-2015 08:56 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! Have you tried using Kies to update the firmware? If that doesn't work, try using Odin: http://forums.androidcentral.com/amb...interface.html. Find the correct firmware here: Firmwares - SamMobile

In the US, you can go to a Best Buy store and have a Samsung rep flash the update. In the UK, you could try a Samsung Experience Store, if any are near you.
    07-23-2015 04:40 PM
    Does the update stop around 25%? If so, the phone is rooted or running a custom ROM.

Are you trying to manually flash an AT&T Lollipop update or one from your UK carrier? It will only take an AT&T update.

(Samsung usually won't flash a phone from a different country because they don't have the files - UK stores won't have US files, etc.)
    B. Diddy likes this.
    07-23-2015 06:28 PM