Ok now I understand this may be mega old news but I only just noticed it.

I recently did a factory reset on my 2012 Nexus 7 that is updated to 5.1.1 (all google OTA stock images) and I noticed while putting in all the details like your gmail account and so on it now asks you for "Payment options" and offers you to put in your credit card or a google play gift card. and I think down the bottom was 'skip'

Has android done this for ages and because it already had my details it doesn't ask me (I was setting it up for my wife btw so different account) or is this something new? I always thought he first time they asked you for any payment option was when you first try to get a paid app on the app store.
    I'm wondering if they are trying to get a little more aggressive at getting peoples details like apple does the first time you set any account with them. And no I'm not claiming conspiracy here I just found it odd that it asked me for payment so early when I was not paying for anything.

Anyway like I said I may just be crazy and its done it for ages
    07-26-2015 03:58 AM
    There should be an option of later.. Select it.. As it means.. If you want to purchase an app from google play.. So how u want to pay.. Google has now changed it to ask at phone set up.
    07-26-2015 06:08 PM