Hi!

I'm new to the forums so sorry if I posted this in the wrong section

I just update my phone (s6 edge) to android 5.1.1 and I have a few problems with it.
    I was on 5.0.1 before the update and everything was awesome, big battery life and fast and responsive screen/apps.

After updating to 5.1.1 I noticed a few problems
    First, the battery seems to drain a whole lot faster (dropping 1% ever 5 minutes while just going through settings)
    Also, it seems to heat up faster than before, and also heating up just looking through the settings which did not happen on 5.0.1
    And I also feel it's a bit slower (this might just be me).

Now, is this a common problem with it? Is there a way to go back to 5.0.1?

EDIT: Also, I updated it late at night and fell asleep with the phone on my bed. When I woke up it had fallen on the ground, can that be a reason for OS slow down? (no scratches though, haha)
    08-08-2015 06:14 AM
    Hi!

I'm new to the forums so sorry if I posted this in the wrong section

I just update my phone (s6 edge) to android 5.1.1 and I have a few problems with it.
    I was on 5.0.1 before the update and everything was awesome, big battery life and fast and responsive screen/apps.

After updating to 5.1.1 I noticed a few problems
    First, the battery seems to drain a whole lot faster (dropping 1% ever 5 minutes while just going through settings)
    Also, it seems to heat up faster than before, and also heating up just looking through the settings which did not happen on 5.0.1
    And I also feel it's a bit slower (this might just be me).

Now, is this a common problem with it? Is there a way to go back to 5.0.1?
    I also had problems when I updated, so did a backup and factory reset that cured my issues now my tablet is running better than ever.

Sent from my TegraNote-P1640 using Tapatalk
    08-08-2015 06:21 AM
    I also had problems when I updated, so did a backup and factory reset that cured my issues now my tablet is running better than ever.

Sent from my TegraNote-P1640 using Tapatalk
    Didn't think of doing that...
    Never had such a problem with my s4 and it had quite a lot of updates
    08-08-2015 06:41 AM
    When you did the factory reset, it rolled you back to 5.0 right?

Issues I've noticed since updating:

-More lag
    -Really dislike the update to Power Saving mode: I set my screen to lock as soon as it turns off. But under Power Saving -> Restrict Performance , to use any of the Restrict Performance settings, it will automatically shut the screen off after 3 secs. But b/c my screen set to auto lock, when i press the side button to wake the screen and unlock I barely have enough time to swipe before the screen goes off again. Should be an option, not mandatory b/c i still liked to use the "screen output" and "turn off touch key light" options. (screenshot below)

Performance after 5.1.1 update-screenshot_2015-08-08-09-08-09.jpg
    08-08-2015 08:53 AM
    When you did the factory reset, it rolled you back to 5.0 right?

Issues I've noticed since updating:

-More lag
    -Really dislike the update to Power Saving mode: I set my screen to lock as soon as it turns off. But under Power Saving -> Restrict Performance , to use any of the Restrict Performance settings, it will automatically shut the screen off after 3 secs. But b/c my screen set to auto lock, when i press the side button to wake the screen and unlock I barely have enough time to swipe before the screen goes off again. Should be an option, not mandatory b/c i still liked to use the "screen output" and "turn off touch key light" options. (screenshot below)
    Wait, so I can factory reset and it gives me the old version?
    I might do it because I got the phone recently and don't have a lot of stuff on it
    08-08-2015 11:44 AM
    Factory resets don't roll your phone back to a previous version.

It is, however, recommended you do a factory reset before or after an OS update. Always backup all your stuff when you do so before the reset
    08-09-2015 05:11 PM