Why do I have to restart to enable phone and data after the Lollipop upgrade?

sc gamecock

Aug 11, 2015
Visit site
Have to restart to enable phone and data after lollipop upgrade

I updated to Lollipop 5.0 on my note 3 and now every time I leave my house I have to restart the phone to enable the phone and internet connection. When I come home it switches to my home wifi and my phone still works it is just when I leave. It seems as though it is not aut switching to the 4g network but I cannot figure out what is going on.

This is very annoying and potentially dangerous if I need to make a call after leaving my house and I am forced to restart to get the thing to work!! Hopefully there is a simple fix!

Thanks
Wade

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Re: Have to restart to enable phone and data after lollipop upgrade

Welcome to Android Central. :)

A Cache Partition wipe is good practice after a system software update....try that first and see whether it helps.
Get back to us if still no go.

Posted via the Android Central App

sc gamecock

Aug 11, 2015
Visit site

Welcome to Android Central. :)

A Cache Partition wipe is good practice after a system software update....try that first and see whether it helps.
Get back to us if still no go.

Posted via the Android Central App

Thanks for the quick reply!! I just performed the suggested wipe. I am at work now so I wont no if this fixed the issue or not until this evening. I will post an update asap.

Thanks again!
Wade

sc gamecock

Aug 11, 2015
Visit site

unfortunetely that did not fix the problem. When I left the house this morning and got to the office I had to reboot again to get my cell service to work. I have looked all over in settings and don't see anything. I have even looked for a place to manually turn on cell service without having to reboot. Other options??

Thanks
Wade

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site

A bad SD card? A bad SIM? It may be worth trying those two.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jm_rookie2